Chapter 14- Gun Shots

---1 month later---
Bella's Pov
I have been good. It's been at least a month since me and Carter went on our date. We have gotten closer and I don't know what I feel but... I just feel this pull towards him. And every time another girl tries to flirt with him I get jealous but gladly Carter says he only has eyes for me. I'm finally out of the wheelchair and my wound is healed on my stomach. Surprisingly it didn't leave a scar. Which I found unusual but you know, it's whatever.

"Boss!" Someone yelled I was in the living room so I got up and went looking for who yelled and finally saw someone frantically looking around close to the basement. Carter tells me to never go down there.

"Sir? Are you ok?" I asked he turned around towards me and I noticed it was a girl. This girl kinda looked like Ash but she had lighter hair, blue eyes, and olive skin. I looked at her and she looked at me with surprise.

"Erm. Tell boss that one of his men yelled for him to go to the basement to check ce- I mean room 667" with that she left and I looked at her weirdly for going out the back. I was walking to Carters office when I heard yelling and gunshots. I looked around frantically and ran. I was looking behind me when I bumped into a hard chest. Carter. He grabbed my arm dragging me behind him down the stairs and went to the side. He knocked 2 times.... Another 2 times... And then 1 time. A door like thing opened and he pushed me in.

"Stay here and be quiet. If anything happens scream loud. Be careful princess" he said and with that he closed the door. I looked around feeling the walls for a switch. I finally found one and flicked it on. There was a mini fridge and a couch with a pillow and blanket. The light was dim so no one could see through. I walked over to the mini fridge and opened it to find a sandwich. A ham with cheese. It'll do. I then went to the couch and sat down rapping the blanket around me while eating the sandwich and waited.

I know. How can I be so calm about this? Well. Where my dad is one of the most wanted people I usually had to hide. The first time was when I was 4 I didn't know what was happening. I was put into a dark room with Alec I cried on his shoulder until everything was over. Luckily that day mom was still with us so she comforted me. After awhile I got used to it and stopped crying until that one day mom got taken away..

I heard people knocking on the wall. And it didn't sound like the pattern Carter did I quietly got up and threw my sandwich in the fridge going towards the switch and turning the lights off and hid under the couch. I heard grunts and then the door open. I held my breath and waited quietly. I saw shoes walking around. I then saw another pair walking slowly behind the other and then tackled them. I saw it was Pierce and some other guy. Pierce finally won but what I saw only made me nauseous. I'm so used to people dying it doesn't effect me much. Pierce stabbed the guy in the neck covering his mouth from him screaming. I crawled out and looked at him.

"Sorry you had to see that"

"It's ok. I'm used to it" when I saw him look at me confusingly I tried to help. "My father. And brother. Remember their both in gangs" I said and he had a understanding face. We walked out and there were other men standing there looking around. I suspect they were on our side because Carter was yelling at them giving them orders.

"What's going on?" I asked Carter turned towards me and his grey eyes held so much anger. But as soon as he saw me they softened. He walked over to me and nodded to Pierce then hugged me while I returned it. I saw the boys also looking around and that's when I pulled away and looked at Carter confusingly. He sighed and ran a hand through his black hair in aggravation.

"Logan. My brother. Was well.. He was in the basement where we were keeping him. But when they went to see him. He was dead and it was bad. His face.. Looked awful" he said looking at the ground. Even if Logan did some bad things in his past I could tell Carter still cared. I sighed and pulled him into a hug by his neck and he responded by pulling me closer by my waist. I shooed everyone out of the room when I heard Carter's soft sniffles and wetness on my shoulders. I ran my hair through his thick hair.

"Shh. It's ok" I said in a soothing voice he shook his head on my shoulders so I started to softly scratch his back with my long fake baby pink nails. He pulled back and looked into my eyes and I saw his eyes all red and puffy.

"I can't loose anyone else princess. Promise me that you won't leave me" he said grabbing my face making me stay looking into his beautiful grey eyes. I sighed and thought to myself. Should I? Promising something is a lot to me. If I say I promise something I keep it. But. Do I promise to stay with Carter forever? He is a very nice guy even if he is the most feared gang leader. Can I do what he is asking me? What if I never learn to like him at much as he likes me?

"I-I......"

"I promise"
                             ***
Their relationship is growing! Sorry for the late update my magical sea unicorns I forgot and had to practice dance. Forgive me😅

Who thought Logan was going to die?

Who was that girl?

Was she apart of all of this?