{6}✔

Riley's POV

"That fainting thing is really getting to you isn't it?" I heard his voice chuckle.

"How were you able to convince my parents' that you're a good guy?" my voice hoarse. Probably shouldn't have said that. I noticed his once brown eyes turned darker.

Oops. Sorry not sorry.

He became tense and looked as if he was searching my eyes for something. Then he stood up, put his hands on his hips, looked at the ceiling and let out a sigh.

Yep not the right thing to say. Noted.

"You've heard the story too right?" his voice laced with poison. I could tell it was not the best topic to talk about.

I nodded my head, unsure of what to say.

"Well then," he paused before looking down at me. "Guess I should tell you the real story."

Once again I nodded my head, still no words coming out.

"Alright then." he said before sitting down on the bed next to me. "When I was 12 years old, my father was still the Alpha. In everyone else's eyes, he was perfect. But he always came home drunk. He would hit my mother even when she was pregnant with my twin siblings. It would always stay on hand when he would stay in his room and drink. One day, I was coming back from the kitchen in the main pack house with Rebecca. I found my mother lying on the floor. She was unconscious. She was pregnant with twins at the time. Right after we had walked in, I went over to help her, along with Rebecca. When we had gotten to her, my father came down and said to not help her. He was drunk again. He always came home like this. We continued to look after her until he took his beer bottle and smashed Rebecca over the head with it. She fell unconscious too. She wasn't bleeding badly so I wrapped my shirt around her head.  I was tired of him hurting all of us so, I killed him."

I hadn't even noticed I was crying when he pulled me in for a hug while stroking my hair.

"I-Im sorry." I apologized. I wouldn't have judged him like that. It wasn't right.

He looked at me with caring in his eyes. They made me feel guilt. For not telling him.

But you don't even know him!

True, true.

But he's hot.

Also true.

"You don't need to apologize Riley. I know it's a lot to take in."

"Do my parents know?" I asked.

"Yes. I told them yesterday."

"Yesterday!" I screeched.

"Mhm. You were out for a while."

"No shit."

He smiled at that one. "Why does your dad call you marshmallow?"

Now it was my turn to smile. "When I was 4, my dad was joking around while I was eating marshmallows. He was playing with my mom and brother, then he started to do some funny shit. So then I stared to choke on the marshmallows. Hence the name 'marshmallow.'"

He started to laugh a hearty laugh. "Come on princess." he urged me to come down. I only sat and pouted.

"Don't call me princess."

"Does it bother you?"

"Yes."

"Alright then princess. Let go downstairs and eat."

I sighed. "Are you gonna keep calling me princess?" I whined

"You know it babe." he said with a smirk.

Then something dawned on me. "What ever happened to the babies?"

"They live with my mother. They are 6 years old."

"Can I see them one day?" I pleaded. I bet they would look like Roman.

"Of course princess." He carried me bridal style. "Let's go. Your parents have food."

I jumped out of his arms and ran. Don't blame me. I'm a sucker for food.

Food is life.

~*~

"Bye mom. Bye dad. Bye Damion. Bye Jessica. I love you all!"

"Bye! The Pack is not far, it's just beyond the woods so come anytime okay?!"

"I promise. I love you!"

I was moving in with Roman. I hardly knew the guy, but I'm sure I'll love him.

But maybe not.

"Ready?" he asked. I noticed him eyeing me carefully.

I nodded my head and we began to walk. In a matter of minutes we were there. Huh, its not really that far.

"Ready to see what it looks like?" he asked before he put his hand on the door.

"I mean I've seen your basement and Rebecca's room so we can skip that."

He chuckled and shook his head before he opened the door.

I think I'm gonna faint again.

______________________________________

What's gonna be in the pack house? How will the rest of the pack react when they see their luna to be. Read the next chapter to find out.

-PandaLover 🐼