{19}✔

Riley's POV

I stayed next to Roman the whole day. He didn't want me to leave his side just in case Brynn came back.

"You okay baby?" Roman asked. He held my hand the whole time.

"I'm fine." I said calmly. Everyone knows that is the biggest lie on the planet. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." he said with a smile.

We were walking around the pack which was bigger than I imagined. There was a door in the back and Roman motioned for me to know on it. I did. A boy and a girl were at the door. "Roman!" they both yelled out.

"Hey guys!" he smiled. They both looked at me.

"Who's the chick?" the boy said. He had the same brown eyes like Roman. He even acted like Roman.

"I'm his girlfriend." I filled in. The girl gasped and pulled me inside.

"Mommy, mommy, mommy!" she bounced. "Roman has girlfriend!"

A woman walked down the stairs. She looked so young. She had brown hair and brown eyes, so I'm guessing she is Roman's mother. "Hi mom." Roman said walking up to her and hugging her.

His mother noticed me and whispered something in his ear. He turned towards me. "Mom, this is my mate and girlfriend, Riley Knight."

She gasped. "From the destiny pack?" she asked and I nodded. She came over to me and hugged me. "Your mother and I were best friends. I can't believe that my Roman is with Sophia's daughter. I'm so happy for both of you!"

"Thank you." I whispered. I was honestly shy with them.

"Your girlfriend is hot." the boy said looking me up and down.

"Jason!" his mother exclaimed.

"Look at her!" he said motioning to my body.

His sister smacked the back of his head. "Jasmine stop it!"

"You shouldn't be doing that. We are only this many." Jasmine said holding up six fingers.

Roman was laughing his ass off on the floor. I sat down next to him. "Do I have permission to smack your son Ms. Black?"

"Call me Linda. And yes. Do whatever you think is needed. You're a good girl. You probably don't remember me, but I used to come over before...."

"You don't have to say it. I know. And I'm sorry." I said sympathetic.

"Don't be. We all have our faults. I know about Brynn."

Roman wasn't laughing anymore. He sat up and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Mom, can we talk about something else?" Roman pleaded.

Linda nodded. "Let's bake cookies!" Jasmine yelled. "Roman can make good cookies." Jason nodded in agreement while they strolled off to the kitchen.

Roman picked me up and helped me on my feet. "I do make good cookies." he said proudly.

He started to take off his shirt. I stopped him. "What are you doing Roman?"

"Taking off my shirt so I can bake cookies." he stated in a duh tone. I rolled my eyes and let him take off his shirt. Here comes a day of fun.

~*~

"Stop it!" I shrieked. Roman was throwing flour on me.

"I always knew you were a cookie." he joked. Next he poured milk on me with cracked eggs. I gasped.

"Hey Riley are you...." Linda started. When she saw me and Roman, she started laughing. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"What did you do to her?!" Linda yelled. Roman shrugged and went back to baking. He turned around and Jasmine and Jason came down. Their mother each handed them one egg and starting holding them both up.