{11}✔

Riley's POV

"What the fuck!?" Roman raged. I've never seen him so angry. He was on the phone with someone I did not wanna know.

I walked over to him and put a hand on his bicep as he continued to breathe heavily.

"You know what. Forget it! And sure as hell, don't fucking call again!" he said as he ended the call. He say down on the couch shaking, his head buried in his hands.

I didn't want to say anything that would make him so more upset so I did what I never though I'd do. I hugged him. Jesus Fucking Christ. I hugged Roman Black.

We stayed like that for a while, then he calmed down. I let go as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"You want to talk about it?" I asked in a whisper.

He nodded and and started to speak. "That was the head of the Vampires." he paused. "I'm sure you must know who he is."

I nodded. Caleb Richman. He continued. "He says that he wants Rebecca to marry his son Carter. But I won't let it happen. She is happily mated to Asher and I'm not going to ruin that for her."

I nodded once again, absorbing all of that information. Then I spoke up, "Wanna sleep it off?"

He nodded and we headed up to the bedroom.

~*~

I was ready to go to bed while Roman was taking a shower. Then I started to feel hot. Really hot. Fuck no! Not now.

Heat.

That was only thing that came to my mind. Shit shit shit.

As if on cue, Roman came out, freshly dressed, but his hair still wet. I'm guessing he noticed my situation because he came over and wrapped me in his arms.

"Heat?" he asked in a whisper

I nodded as I felt relaxed.

"Do you want to do it now?"

"No. Not now. I want the time to be right." I replied.

He nodded as we both lay down and his arms still wrapped around me. The moment felt so right but I didn't want him to claim me as his own now.
I want the timing to be right.

It has to be right.

~*~

I woke up the next morning feeling much better. I looked over at a sleeping Roman who seemed so peaceful sleeping.

Shit.

I'm falling for Roman Black. That can't be possible. It can't be. Can it really work between us? Would it ever work?

I shook my head as I came back to reality. Roman was now awake. He looked at me as if I was a crazy person.

"Are you okay? A normal person doesn't just shake their head out of nowhere." he joked.

"I'm fine." I replied happily.

"Did it go away?" he asked, hinting at the heat.

"Yeah. It's gone."

"Good cause now I can do this." he said as he started tickling me. I started laughing so hard I felt like I was going to pop.

He was laughing as well. Then he stopped, looked at me, and smiled.

"I swear, if you do that again, I'll cut off your balls and feed them to you." I threatened. I was on top of him pinning him to the bed.

"If you wanted them so bad, you could have asked." he joked, pointed out our current position.

I blushed and got off him. Then he flipped over and was on top of me.

"Hello there." I smiled

"Hello." he said as he kissed me, leaving me in a trance.

"You really have to stop doing that."

"Kissing you?"

"Kissing me without warning me."

"So you like it when I kiss you?" he said with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes." I blurted out. I quickly covered my mouth my cheeks probably looking like tomatoes.

"Good to know, princess." he said with a smirk.

Now I'm really embarrassed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

What do you think about Riley's heat?
For those of you who don't know, heat is, it is what female wolves go through if they are not mated in a specific amount of time. When they are in heat, unmated males.go crazy around them if they can smell the scent. Hope that was enough info for you. If it is not, say in the comments and I will reply.
Love Y'all

PandaLover 🐼 💘