{38}✔

Riley's POV

I was carefully trying not to put all my weight on Roman.

I sobbed quietly into his shoulder. He caressed my back and stroked my hair. I had missed the way he did this.

I missed him.

"I missed you so much." I cried. "I should have came back when you wanted me to. This wouldn't have happened if I did."

"Hey. It's no one's fault. Brian is just a lunatic who is trying to get his way. Obviously, it didn't work." he joked, trying lighten up the mood. I carefully lifted up my head to meet his eyes.

He looked sad. I couldn't figure out why. Roman had a smile on that didn't quite reach his eyes. "What's wrong?"

His smile was replaced with a frown. Roman looked at me as if he wanted to cry, but he didn't. "I don't want to loose you again."

My heart fluttered at his words. "I'm not going anywhere."

"But you don't care. I hurt you. I don't even know why you're here."

Those words hurt. Coming from anyone else, I wouldn't have cared. But he said it. And that hurt.

"If I didn't care, why am I here? Roman..."

"Don't." he smiled. A real one. I haven't seen that in a long time. "Let's talk, yeah?"

"Okay." I whispered. Roman tried to sit up, but he winced. I lightly pushed him back down. He sighed and ran a hand over his face. "Relax. You can lay down while we talk."

"Alright. I messed up. I said things I didn't mean. You mean the world to me. I was jealous. I assumed what you were doing, and didn't stop to think." Roman paused and held my hands. I brought my eyes up to meet his. It killed me to see how vulnerable he looks. "I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't have walked out. I was acting like a little shit. All I want is your forgiveness. Please?"

"Roman, I wasn't mad. I was upset. And confused. I had no idea what you were talking about. Then Asher explained. I-I....."

Roman silenced me by slightly sitting up and bringing his lips to mine. They felt so soft, but rough at the same time. I followed his pace and we soon pulled apart. "Forgive me?"

"I love you." I smiled. "And I do forgive you."

"I want to start over. Take you out on a date?"

"I would love to." I smiled. A fresh start.

"Miss me?" was all I heard before darkness took over and Roman's voice yelling filled my ears.

The End
______________________________________

The end is here! I enjoyed writing this book, but it must come to an end.

I'm sorry to say that the book is finished. There will be a sequel, and it will be named, "The Alpha's Love."

Hope you enjoyed this book! I hope to see you in the next one.

Love ya!