{22}✔

Riley's POV

Darkness. That was all I could see. I wanted to cry out to Roman and tell him I was okay. But I couldn't. I could hear the beeping from the machines and Roman telling me how much he loves me.

"Please wake up Riley. I love you. I should have been with you. This is my fault. I love you. Please. Please wake up." he pleaded. I could tell he was crying, or trying to keep it in. I am so weak. I just want him to hold me. So I can feel safe. I managed to squeeze his hand with all I had.

"Riley. Riley if you can hear me, squeeze my hand again." And I did. I felt refreshed every time I did. "Leah! She can hear us. She can!" Roman rejoiced.

"Luna. If you can hear me, try to lift up your arm." Leah ordered. I managed to lift up only part of my arm. "She's waking up. Her body is healing. But the shot wound will take more time to heal. I have something for that."

I wanted to see Roman's face. I wanted to see him smiling. I wanted to see him.

I opened my eyes very slowly. I could only see blurry but then my eyes burned. I closed them again and tried to open them once more. It worked slightly. I saw Leah looking down at me. She smiled and lifted up my head a bit so I could see clearly.

"Roman." I croaked out quietly. Barely above a whisper. "Roman." I repeated again. This time he turned back at me. His eyes were bloodshot, from lack of sleep.

"Riley. Riley you're okay. You're okay!" he said as he hugged me. I wrapped my arms around him as I stayed in his arms. He squeezed me tighter and I winced. That was where the shot wound was.

Roman quickly pulled apart and looked at me guiltily. "Did I hurt you?" he asked concerned. I shook my head as he sighed of relief.

"Roman, make sure not to put so much pressure on her okay?" Leah warned. She seemed to have this power over Roman.

"May I remind you I am your Alpha, so you may not speak to me that way." Roman said deeply as I giggled.

Leah put her hands on her hip as she glared at him. "You wouldn't want me to tell Aunt Linda that you are hurting the poor Luna, now would you." she threatens Roman.

"Aunt?" I asked confused.

Leah smiled evilly. "Roman didn't tell you? I'm his dear cousin Leah." she said as she made her way over to Roman and smacked the back of his head.

"Ow!" Roman shrieked. I loved seeing him this way. He seemed so cute.

"Oh hush up. Back to Riley." she said as she faced me. "You can go back to the main pack house as soon as I finish running tests okay?" she said about to leave the room.

I nodded as I laid my head on Roman's shoulder. He stroked my hair quietly. "I missed you." I said looking back up at him.

"I was with you the whole time." he replied.

"I know. I heard everything you said. About how much you love me and how you would take care if Dani. Especially that part when you told me that Matt and Noah are dating." I reminded him if everything he said. He smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. They might get mated you know."

"Really?!" I yelled. Then a sharp pain came rushing back that I could only remember as being shot. Roman looked worried as he looked over me.

"Are you alright?" he asked cautiously.

"I've been better." I said truthfully. I have been better than this condition.

Someone knocked on the door. "Can we come in?" I recognized that voice as my mother's. Roman got up to get the door. Then Asher, Matt, My parents, Jessica, Becca, and Linda came in with Jasmine and Jason.

"My poor baby." my mother said as she rushed over to me. I hugged her back as she let her tears flow.

My dad went over to Roman and pat his back. "Thanks for taking care of her son."

"Ri Ri!" Matt, Noah, Jess, and Rebecca said at the same time. They all came over to me and hugged to me.

"Hi guys! I missed you guys." I exclaimed. "Not Asher though. He steals my food."I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"I thought we were friends." Asher said putting his hand over his heart and wiping away fake tears.

"Aw come here Ashy." I cooed. He smiled and walked over to me as he hugged me. "I missed you bestie."

"I missed you too Asher." I told him.

Leah walked in the room. "I need you guys to leave while I do some tests okay?" Everyone nodded except for Roman.

When everyone left he asked, "Can I stay with her? Please?"

"Fine. Only because you are her mate." she gave in. "Lay down. This might hurt a bit." she said as she put the blue gel on my stomach. I winced in pain as I held on to Roman tighter.

"It's okay baby. I'm here." Roman cooed. I let my tears flow as the burning sensation stayed with me. Roman kissed my forehead as I cried out in pain. "It's okay. It will go away soon."

He was right. The pain subsided quickly and I felt fine. "It's gone." I breathed out.

He smiled. "I'm glad you're okay."

"Me too." I said as I sat up. He captured my lips and I responded immediately to his touch.

We pulled apart when we heard Leah clear her throat. "You guys will not be able to have any sexual contact until after the Luna ceremony. That would be..." she paused as she checked her calendar. "In two days."

"Two days?!" I screeched out. "I'm not ready for that. What if they don't like me? What happens if I di something embarrassing? What if.." Roman cut me off.

"They will like you and you are ready. As for the embarrassing part..." he trailed off. I smacked his head. "Women are violent." he muttered. That earned him a glare from Leah and I. "If looks could kill."

"Well." Leah said changing the subject. "You guys can go back."

"Really?" I asked. She nodded. I began getting ready to go back home.

~*~

"Home." I breathed. "I've missed my bed." I said as I walked into our bedroom. Everything was in place.

"You were away for 4 days so I cleaned up a bit." Roman said coming up behind me.

"What happened to Dani?" I asked turning around.

"We kicked her out. She can't bother us anymore. We are safe."

"Right. We are safe." I said as I laid down in bed with Roman.

Or are we?