{25}✔

Riley's POV

We waited. And waited. And waited.

"Where are they?" I said frustrated. Roman promised he would come home as soon as possible. That was four hours ago!

"God they should be here. Shouldn't they be here?!" Rebecca was full on freaking out at this point.

"They should." I replied calmly.

"Maybe Carter and Caleb got them. Maybe there were rouges. Maybe.."

Rebecca was interrupted when Asher walked through the door with Roman. Rebecca jumped at him, and Asher wrapped his arms around him.

"God I missed you." Asher breathed out. He looked in Rebecca's eyes.

"I missed you too. More than you could ever imagine."

"Let's go to bed okay?" Asher picked Rebecca up bridal style and they were out the door.

I looked up at Roman. He wasn't saying anything. Just looking at the ground. "Roman."

He didn't do anything. I walked over to him and cupped his face. I lifted up his head, and his face was emotionless. Just like when I met him.

"Ro--" I started. He ripped away from my grip and headed up the stairs.

What's his problem?

~*~

Roman's POV

I couldn't control myself. I just had to kill her. "Fuck!"

She won't look at me the same. She's gonna be afraid again. I can't risk that. I just can't.

I got out my phone and called Asher. He picked up on the second ring. "We need to talk." we both said at the same time.

"In the garden. Meet me there in 5 minutes." Asher said.

"I'll be there." I said ending the call. We need to sort our shit out.

~*~

"Look, I don't know." I confessed. "Riley probably thinks I'm a jerk now."

"Becca too." Asher sighed.

"I shouldn't have killed her. That was harsh."

"I know. But our problem is Brynn."

"What about her?"

"What if she tells?" Asher looked nervous.

"She won't. I'll make sure of it."

Asher looked at me as if I was crazy. "That girl hates us. She thinks that we are keeping her away from Riley. So what do you mean?"

"I mean, she is afraid of me already. I mean I'm Alpha Roman . Who wouldn't be?"

"You know what, let's just chill. It will just be a secret between us. I'll find Brynn and we will talk. Alright?"

I hesitated. "Yeah, okay." I looked at my phone. It was 11:22. "We got to get home."

Asher nodded and we headed to the car. I hope they don't find out.

~*~

Riley's POV

What happened? There is something that they are not telling me. Who comes back from rescuing their best friend, then goes all robot on your girlfriend, mate, and Luna.

I was in our bedroom when the door opened. It was a shirtless Roman. He looked normal. He didn't say anything to me.

He just climbed in the bed and laid down, wrapping his arms around me. I quickly detached them and went to the guest bedroom.

"I guess I'm sleeping here tonight." I muttered to myself. I climbed in the bed and drifted off to sleep.