1780 a winters ball chapter 8

~few weeks past~
Today is the winters ball. I am so excited this is my first ball I ever gone to. My aunt says there really fun.
My aunt called a carriage for me so I can arrive at the Schuyler sisters house. I was gonna get ready there. When I arrived at the house I saw the servants getting it all ready.
"There you are come on we don't have much time the guest will arrive soon." Eliza pulls me inside as we go to her room. When I got to the room I saw that Angelica was in her dress and so was Peggy.
"We need you to get ready." Peggy says.
"Where helping her remember." Angelica says yelling at Peggy.
"Oh."
The girls help me get ready. Putting a corset on and the dress. Angelica did my makeup as Eliza had to get something. I see Eliza bring out this big white puffy wig.
"Hear put this on." She puts in next to me.
"Woah,woah,woah! I'm not putting that thing on my head." I argued.
"Well all proper lady's have to wear them.Just put it on." Eliza puts in on my head."there now you look beautiful."
"I look stupid." I commented.
"Shut it and come on we have to greet the guest." Angelica and Eliza leave the room.
"Don't worry Y/N Eliza and Angelica are stress for this ball. As my fathers friend will be here with some of his men." Peggy yelps fix my dress and I put these white heals on then I was ready.

When I went downstairs I saw lots of women with big puffy dresses and wigs as they had fans with them

"Here take this." Peggy hands me a white fan.
"Thanks Peggy." I saw that there were lots of soldiers in blue uniforms.
I made my way over to the others as I saw there father with a taller man with a hat on. Next to him was a man that looked familiar.
Lots of men came after me asking to dance and such more. God the stupid wig keep on itching. I headed to the bathroom as I ran into a man with a blue and red uniform.
"Oh in so sorry sir, I didn't see you there." I apologies.
"It's alright-" the man looked at me straight in the eye. His eyes made me froze.
"A-Alexander?"I could hardly recognize him.
"How do you know my name?" He said confused.
I took his hand and brought him to another room.
"It's me Y/N!" I took the wig off and his face lit up."don't you remember?"
"How could I forget my best friend." He picks me up and spun he around."you changed."
"No I haven't I just dressed up fancy for this special Occasion." I looked him in the eyes.
"God you look so stunning in that dress." He said as he blushed a bit as I did as well."uh-do you wanna dance?"
"Yes I would love to." He grabs my hand as we go back into the ball room.

      ~where the Schuyler sisters are~
"Hey who's that guy Y/N is dancing with?" Angelica says.
"Yeah and where is her wig?" Eliza says.
"Let's find out." Peggy and the others sneak to see who Y/N was dancing with.

         ~back where you are~
Me and Alexander talked for a while then went back to dancing.
"Hey..Alexander I was wondering before you left, why didn't you say goodbye?" I said as he took a sip from his glass.
"Well... It's hard to say it in front of all of these people and your friends over there." Alexander points to the 3 girls stalking behind a bush.
"Girls do you mind." I told them.
"No who is this guy!"Peggy shouts.
"Oh this is my friend Alexander. The one I told you about." Angelica grabs Alexander by the Suit.
"Look why did you leave our best friend alone for a long time!" Alex was scared as Angelica still hold tight onto his shirt.
"Girls please! That's what me and him wanted to talk about please let me and him talk about this." Angelica let's go of Alex's shirt. As the girls are still waiting to hear it."um..alone!"
Me and Alexander walk out to the back garden.
"It's a beautiful night." I said looking out at the stars.
"You see Y/N the reason I didn't say goodbye is that I didn't wanna break your heart, to make you worry about me. Look I cared for you." He yells as he was blushing red as a tomato.
"I didn't know you cared for me." I said blushing. He grabbed my hand.
"You are my best friend. I cared for you and I was scared I would never see you. As I was the scares one."  He leans in as I still look at his eyes. He grabbed me around my waste and he leaned in and kissed me. Our lips stayed together for a few seconds then we let go."I-I love you Y/N..."
"I love you to Alexander.."we went back inside we noticed that there was gonna be a slow dance so me and Alexander danced. As we took our slow dance I placed my head to his chest. Hearing his heart beat. I felt something deep inside my heart. I couldn't point it out but I finally found out what it was.
It was love. We danced the night away until the party was over.
"Will I ever see you again." I said to Alex as I got into my carriage to go home.
"Don't worry I will write letters every day." He says as he kissed my hand goodbye. When the carriage drove off. I saw him wave goodbye as I waved back.
When I got home I saw the Schuyler sisters waiting at my door. I let them in as they stay the night.
"So how did you and your boyfriend turn out." Peggy teased.
"What do you mean." I said scaredy.
"We saw everything." Eliza says.
"You guys what the hell!" I yelled.
"Well we just wanna protect you. Like if he does something bad to you." Peggy says.
"He's my friend he's not like that but if he does I'll punch him." I said laughing."now let's get some sleep."