Abandoned chapter 37

Short chapter. And I knew that the photo is Eliza but I like it.

~few days later after the birth of the 2 sons~
As I put the 2 boys down for a nap and Angelica down for a nap, Philip was busy watching Alexander writing documents as I made lunch. When I was about to start I heard a knock at the door. When I opened the door I saw a basket with a cloth over it. I see something move underneath the cloth as I bring the basket inside. When I remove the cloth from the basket I see a little infant swaddled up in a ragged cloth. I step outside holding the child seeing where the mother was. The poor child started to cry.
"Shhhh! It's ok!" I said calming the baby down. I get a new cloth rapping the child up once again. I found out that it was a girl.
I couldn't leave the baby out here to die there was only one thing to do and that was to take her in.
"Alexander come downstairs please!" I said gazing at the child.
Alexander walks in with surprise.
"I thought you gave birth to 2 boys not a girl." Alexander said.
"She was at the door steep! No one to be seen.we can't leave her out here to die."
"I know but 5 children in the house." Alexander said.
"I can handle it. Besides Angelica always wanted a little sister." The little baby girl opens her eyes looking at me and Alexander. Her eyes where bright blue as they looked like they sparked.
"Welcome to your new home Eliza!" I said kissing her on the forehead.