Its quite uptown chapter 44

~2 days later~
The kids where in pain for loosing there brother as Angelica was in most pain. She was closer to Philip.
As I wore my black dress Alexander tried to talk with me as he knew I was in pain.
Everyday I go to the cemetery and visit philips grave.
I talk to myself saying in all of gods name it should have been me I would have taken his place. The worse part was that with me being pregnant again I felt pain in my stomach and in my heart. For the little boy or girl that I will have will never see there big brother.
As I go home I see Alexander on the porch as he stands up and walks with me. We go to the park and sit near the pond.
"Y/N do you like it uptown it's quite uptown?" He says.
I say nothing I look down at the ground. I feel a gentle breeze push against me. I stand up and walk back to the house as Alexander try's to stop me.
I check in to see how Angelica is doing as I see Alexander got her something.
"What you got there Angelica?" I said sitting in her bed.
"Father got me a parakeet I can't wait to show Philip mother!" She said.
"Sweet heart Philip is not here with us remember." I said tearing up.
"Oh...yeah.." Angelica looks at the bird.
I hug Angelica as she starts to tear up as I as well. Alexander went out into town taking Eliza,James and John to church. I was home getting stuff ready for lunch. When they got back from church it felt different eating all together. I felt a little better but with a empty seat it crushed a little inside of me.
              ~at night~
Me and Alexander decided to take a night stroll in the park. I didn't say anything as we walked in the park. As we got near the pond I sit down and I see Alexander look up at me.
"Look around look around Y/N?" He said as the moon light reflected behind him.
Again I didn't say anything. He sat beside me once again as we walked a little more.
"I know I don't deserve you Y/N. but hear me out that would be enough if I could save his life, if I could trade his life for mine. He be standing here right now. You would smile and that would be enough. I don't pretend to know the challenges your facing I know there's no replacing what we lost, and you need time. But I'm not afraid! I know who I married. Just let me stay here by your side. That would be enough." He said getting on his knees as I stand up.
We headed near the garden where there was a fountain. It was starting to get lighter out. As we gazed at the fountain. I take his hand.
"It's quite uptown..." I said in a soft voice. I forgave him for everything. I could see his eyes tear up as I clinged onto him. Alexander puts his hands on my stomach and kissed it. We walk home and we get ready to face another unimaginable day once more.