chAptER thREE

A/N : Hey guys! Thanks for coming back! xoxo

PLAYLIST : Confident - Demi Lovato

     I was running late to school again because of Gina

     I was running late to school again because of Gina. I'm always up and organized early, but Gina comes home late and wakes up late. And that too only after I pester her for about half an hour. She hangs out almost everyday with her friends at bars and clubs (using a fake ID) or at one of their spots where they all meet up and smoke pot.

     My parents are clueless about her pot habit. But they have a problem with her partying all the time. They've tried to talk her into being more responsible and think about college, but it all falls on deaf ears. They give her my example, which pisses her even more.

     I drive with her because I don't have my own car and therefore have to put up with her tantrums. I didn't talk to her on the entire drive to school to show her that I was mad. But it wasn't exactly like she cared about it.

     As soon as we reached school and Gina parked, I rushed to class. I was already ten minutes late. In the hallway, I saw Brent coming from the opposite direction. I froze and my first instinct was to turn around and hide. But then I realized that he doesn't know it was me who pranked him. Against my better judgement, I waved at him and smiled.

     He looked at me strangely and asked, "Who are you?" And then he continued walking.

     Great! Brent, who flirted with anything that moved, just ignored me. I must be pathetic.

     I wasn't the popular girl in class. I stayed away from attention by keeping my head down and minding my own business. I dressed simple.

     Today, I was wearing a plain gray t-shirt and faded blue jeans. My medium-length, straight, strawberry blonde hair were pulled back into a simple ponytail. I liked it this way, being inconspicuous. I entered my history class fruitlessly wishing if I could be inconspicuous to Ms. Fayne too, who had already started dictating notes.

~~~

     When I reached the school cafeteria in lunch hour with my lunch tray, I found Tiffany sitting with her boyfriend, Nate, who was a senior. I was about to go join them when Shayna, who was sitting on the next table alone, waved me over. I sat next to her and asked, "What's going on?"

     "Tif and Nate are having a fight," she explained. "I decided to give them some privacy. Mainly because it was weirding me out seeing them fight like an old married couple."