chAptER tHIRtY NinE

A/N : Hey guys! Please don't forget to vote and comment if you like the chapter. I have to warn you though, it's kinda long. Happy reading!

PLAYLIST : Never Be The Same - Camila Cabello

     I had to go to the party. I told Cabe I'd be there and I can't back away now.

     The only problem was that I wasn't in the mood for a party, not after what happened last night. Cozying up on my couch and sulking in my sweatshirt while reading a novel seemed like an easy way to spend the evening. Like who had the patience to dress up and go to a party.

     I yawned and stretched on the couch in my living room. This day was going to be boring.

     Ding-dong, rang the doorbell. "Eric, answer the door," I said to my little brother who was sitting with me and playing video games.

     "You go," he answered back.

     I yawned again and chose to ignore him and the doorbell and continue reading.

     "I've got the laziest kids in the world!" My mom shook her head and got up to get the door. She opened the door and I still didn't have any idea who was at the door. Eric craned his neck to see the same.

     "Hey, it's your friend from the window," Eric said excitedly.

     "What window?" I asked and looked at the door.

     Holy shit! I jumped up from the couch and sprinted towards the door.

     "Hi, Mrs. Castillo." He smiled lazily and looked breathtakingly handsome. It'd been a while since I saw him and right now he was at my doorstep, clad in a printed tee that said 'Rent Me' and cargo pants. His hair was dripping wet.

     "Hello. Derek, was it?" my mom asked.

     "Derek it is," he agreed.

     What was he doing here! I stood behind my mom half hidden, with bated breath and heart beating over hundred times a minute.

     It was then that he saw me. "Hi, Vivian," he said simply, like it was nothing out of the ordinary for him to show up like this.

     I was at a loss for words. Why the hell was he here? My mom seemed to realize that I wasn't going to invite him in, so she did that herself. "Why don't you come in, Derek?"

     "Hi, window guy." Eric sprang beside me.

     "Window guy?" My mom looked between Eric and Derek strangely. Eric started to say something but I smacked him lightly on the head and said, "Nothing. He likes windows."