chaPter twenTY fIve

A/N : Thanks for coming back! Please don't forget to vote and comment if you like the chapter. Point out any mistakes you notice :)

PLAYLIST : Heart Break - Lady Antebellum

     I took a deep breath and collected myself

     I took a deep breath and collected myself. I had stayed in the library for a long time. It was my go-to place when I wanted to be alone or if I wanted to skip a class, which happened rarely.

     I left the library and kept walking. When I came out of the school building to the parking lot, I saw Gina. "Where are you going?" I called out to her.

     She looked at me like I was the last person she expected to see. "Home."

     "I'm coming with you."

     "Why?"

     "Can you not ask any questions?"

     She narrowed her eyes at me, studying my face. "Wow, someone's reeling. Come on."

     I didn't tell Tiffany that I was leaving. I thought I'd text her after I reach home, or she'd be wondering where I was. That way, she won't have a chance to question me what's wrong. I won't be able to explain anything, especially when I myself didn't know what I was feeling.

     I locked the car door and fell back on the seat, closing my eyes. The engine whirred to life and we drove away from school.

     "Are you okay? You're kind of quiet," Gina said.

     "Since when do you ask that?"

     "Guess I don't have to." She turned on the radio. We were good at ignoring each other.

     The silence in the car was filled only by the music. Then Gina started singing along. After a few minutes, the urge to ask was too strong to let go.

     I turned down the volume and asked her, "You dated Derek, right?"

     "Five boyfriends ago."

     Huh. So that's how they're measuring time these days. "What was it like?"

     "What was what like?"

     "Nothing. Just drive."

     Gina stared hard at me, then turned her attention to driving. "Don't tell me you're dating him. That is so not cool." Her eyes were fixed straight ahead on the road. "The guy's bad news."