ChapTEr tWentY

A/N : Thank you for being here! ♥️ Please leave votes & comments if you like the chapter!

PLAYLIST : Gorgeous - Taylor Swift

     We played the game for a while and then it was time for me to go home

     We played the game for a while and then it was time for me to go home. The party was still going on. Derek offered to drop me.

     When we were in the car, I got to know that he was going back to the party after getting me home. "You didn't have to come just for me. I thought you were leaving too. I would've taken the bus," I said.

     "I can't let you go alone this late in the night. And besides, I brought you here. So it's only fair I get you back home."

     "When will you go home? No curfew for you?"

     Derek tapped his fingers on the steering wheel for a while before answering. "Um . . . I'm staying at Nathan's."

     The way he said it didn't sound like an honest answer. But who was I to question. I didn't think we were close enough that I'd prod him further. "Ok, cool. Thanks for helping with Gina."

     "No problem."

     "And I'm sorry for what she said. She talks bullshit sometimes."

     "Don't worry about that. We never got along. That's how we talk to each other," he chuckled.

     "I'd love to hear that story someday. You and Gina, I just can't digest that. I'm sure it'll amuse me."

     The car stopped in front of my house. I didn't want the night to end just yet. "Sure," he bowed his head.

     "So," I said, "this is where I get down."

     He leaned his head on his seat, staring at me. "You're a great kisser," he said suddenly.

     I batted my eyelids. "Yeah, well. I have a lot of practice. Like a lot. Like totally a lot."

     He let out a laugh and I laughed with him. And then we were both silent. I wanted to say something before I left. Something which showed him that I enjoyed being with him tonight.

     Think of something to fill the silence, Vivian! My brain rehashed the events of the long day and finally grappled back to when Derek was about to kiss me during the game. When he said that it was easy.