ChAPTer eLeveN

A/N : Hey peoples. We're almost at 8k! I know it's not much compared to other books, but I'm still stoked! Thank you everyone for reading this book <3 <3

PLAYLIST : Grown - Little Mix

     The doorbell rang at 7 pm sharp

     The doorbell rang at 7 pm sharp. Gina, Eric and I sat in the living room watching TV.

     "It's Cabe. I'll get it," I announced getting up from the couch.

     "I'll get it," Eric shouted and dashed past me.

     "Cabe? Your 'friend' you're going out with is Cabe?" Gina asked through her laugh. "You guys are dating again?"

     "No, we're not." I took my purse from the table. "We're just watching a movie."

     "You're hanging out with the guy who cheated on you? You're easy. How are you my sister?"

     "Really, are we sisters?"

     Gina went back to watching TV and I went out to meet Cabe. I told my parents earlier that I was going out with a friend. They were out on a date and Gina was stuck babysitting Eric. She was already in a grumpy mood.

     Eric stood with Cabe chatting him up. Cabe listened to everything patiently. He was used to Eric from before, when he used to come home while we were dating.

     I wore a white tank top and blue jeans with black wedges. I let my hair fall back on my shoulders. This was good enough for a casual date with an ex.

     I smiled looking at Cabe. He was wearing a blue shirt which fitted him like a second skin, black jeans and black shoes. His brown medium length hair was gelled back and looked slick.

     He looked perfect standing there, smiling at me. No. . .I shouldn't be thinking that. He cheated on me. But a part of me, the naive part, hoped that maybe this would turn into something more than a casual hangout.

     If he's going all this way to talk to an ex, to make it up, he sure was looking for something more. If he did, I didn't know what I wanted. Would I take him back?

     There! I did it again! Overthinking and letting my imagination run wild. I was reading too much into this. Not everything is a calculated move. Not every action has an ulterior motive behind.

     Cabe's voice brought me back to reality.

     "You look great," he said.