cHAPteR Th!rtY foUr

A/N : Hey, peeps! I'm here with another chapter. Please vote & comment if you like it <3 Happy reading!

PLAYLIST : Who - Zayn Malik

     There was a knock on my bedroom door followed by my mom's voice

     There was a knock on my bedroom door followed by my mom's voice. "Honey, are you still awake?"

     "Hey mom, come in." I sat on my bed and put down my phone which I was staring at for a long time, willing it to ring.

     "I saw the lights on," she said. "So came to check on you." I scooted over, to let my mom sit beside me.

     "Yeah, I was waiting for a friend's call, I guess."

     "Why don't you call the friend?"

     I deliberated over that. I didn't know that Derek would call, I was just hoping he would. And honestly, him not calling would work out fine too. I'd have nothing to confess tonight. "I don't know."

     Her eyes twinkled with amusement. "You know, we didn't have a long talk in a while. What's going on with you? How's school? And who's this friend?" She emphasized on the word friend.

     "Mom," I said. "Can I ask you something?"

     "Ask away."

     "I did something mean to my friend, unintentionally. He doesn't know it was me and he's angry at whoever's done it. That thing could've turned bad for him, but it didn't. Should I tell him that it was me?"

     "Hm, Vivian. You should always tell the truth."

     "But he's going to hate me if I do," I explained with a sullen expression. "What I did had bad consequences for him."

     "You didn't do it intentionally. And anyone who knows my daughter would know that she'd never do anything bad to any person."

     I felt embarrassed listening to that. I did do bitchy stuff. "Mom," I drawled. "Don't sugar coat." And I didn't think that's how Derek saw me.

     "You know what?" my mom said. "You can take your time to tell him. But you gotta do it before he hears a twisted version of the truth from someone else. You're the only one who'd tell him the truth. He deserves that."

     I didn't have to worry about that, because no one else would tell him. But, she was still right. "You're right. I should tell him. Thanks, mom."