ChaPTer tWentY sEvEN

A/N : Heya! Thanks for being here! Please don't forget to vote and comment if you like the story :)

PLAYLIST : Red - Taylor Swift

     Why did she ask that? Does she know something? Did Tiffany tell her something?

     "Nothing," I said defensively.

     "Really?" She seemed surprised. "You don't have any opinion on a guy I'm dating? That's not fair. I always have an opinion on the guy you're dating."

     "Oh," I said relieved and almost laughed at my over reactive brain. "I think he's okay. Yep, that's what I think."

     She smiled so much that her cheeks reddened. "Well, I think he's great. He's perfect. I don't usually go all out and say it. So this one's special."

     I started at her with wide eyes. That was true. She never got this excited over a guy. But why did that guy have to be Derek?

     "So I really need your opinion," she continued. "You know him better than me. You've hung out with him."

     "You know he doesn't do commitment right?" That was a fact. I just wanted to tell her how it was and it had nothing to do with what I felt.

     "He did say that. And it was the same for me. I don't do serious relationships. But it's different with Derek. I really like him. This is a first for me. People change, right?"

     I listened to her in silence. "Yeah. You've definitely changed. Though I don't know what brought the change."

     "It could be the same with him, right?"

     "For your sake," I said with complete honesty, "I hope it is."

     "You're the best, Vivian," she squealed. "Anyone else would try to talk me out of it."

     "I can't do that."

     "That's why you're awesome," she said. We pulled in front of my house. "And we're already here. We should hangout more often, the two of us. We never do that."

     "That's a great idea. See you tomorrow," I said while unlocking the door.

     "Vivian. You're cool with us dating, right?"