cHApTer eiGht

A/N : Hey! I thought of doing this thing where I have an update schedule. So that I don't mess this up again. I'm posting this chapter on Sunday, but from the next chapter onwards, it's gonna be Tuesdays and Fridays. Is that good enough? Lemme know. (:

PLAYLIST :

     It was all far from good

     It was all far from good. Or maybe I was just overreacting. My mind refused to stop thinking about my whirlwind of a day. I wasn't expecting the least bit that my day would go this way. It felt like the worst day of my life.

     The low key joy over getting Suzy in trouble seemed so far away and so petty at this moment. Derek ruined it all. I never wanted to see his face ever again. But that wasn't gonna happen anytime soon. I had godforsaken Calculus with him.

     Maybe I could skip Calculus for the rest of the year. I wasn't great at it anyways. . . Damn! I needed to stop getting paranoid.

     "Yo Viv, wanna see something awesome?" A small head peeked into my room.

     "Not in the mood, Eric. Leave me alone."

     He gave me a long look. "Okay," he said and sprinted out.

     I must look terrible if Eric, of all people, decided to leave me alone.

     I didn't know what my problem was. I was confused and angry at Derek. I was also embarrassed that he thought it was me talking to Nate all along, when it was Shayna too. I was angry at her. She blamed it all on me. Now I was totally convinced that she wanted to kick me out of our group. That bitch.

     With the kind of luck I have, I was sure Suzy would get back at me too. How did this all get so fucked up so quickly...

     My phone vibrated with an incoming call. It was Tiffany. I didn't want to talk to her, but on the other hand, I wanted to hear what she had to say. So I answered.

     "Hello," I barley mumbled.

     "Please don't sound so excited."

     She had no idea what was going on in my head. I didn't speak.

     "Don't worry about Derek," Tiffany said. "Like I said, he was just messing around. And when I told him you freaked out, he laughed."

     "Glad to know he finds it funny," I scowled.

     "You don't have to be scared of him."

     "I know that. I'm not scared. I'm angry. At Shayna and at Derek."

     "Yes, that's completely justified. You should be angry at them."

     "Why aren't you mad at her?" I asked.

     "Do you want me to be mad at her? I know you guys aren't exactly soul sisters, but right now all you're trying to do is start a fight."

     "You gotta be kidding me," I grunted.

     "Shayna didn't know it'd blow up."

     "Perfect excuse."

     "Just forget it, Viv. Wasn't that what you wanted? And you were right too."

     "And look where that got me." Tiffany snorted at that.

     "But yeah, whatever," I continued. "I'm all for putting the shit behind."

     I didn't want to sound whiny. I kept my thoughts to myself. I just needed some sleep to clear my mind.

~~~

     That night, I had a strange dream. I was stranded in a dark and cold place and was walking around. I looked lost and tired. I squinted in the darkness trying to find my way.

     Out of nowhere, I heard whispers behind me and turned around to witness three floating creatures coming towards me. They had scary faces with red eyes, long teeth, broken noses and long messy hair. Their bodies were covered in black cloaks.

     I started running away from them as fast as I could, summoning every ounce of strength I had. But my legs suddenly turned to jelly and I couldn't even walk. I was stuck there. And the monsters were almost caught up to me.

     I closed my eyes to block out what was happening around. A light breeze blew around me and there was drop dead silence. I slowly opened an eye to peek at what was going on with the monsters, and got the scare of my life seeing them standing right in front of me.

     My mind became numb. I couldn't process what to do next. I desperately hoped this was all a dream. And then, I noticed their faces change into human faces.

     They kept interchanging into monstrous and human forms randomly and quickly at first, and then a little slowly. That's when I could make out the faces.

     The middle one turned into Shayna. She smiled wickedly at me. Then the monster to her right changed its face to Derek's. The last one, which was on the left, turned out to be Suzy. They were floating closer, about to attack me any second. I let out a huge scream and that's when I shot up in my bed sweating.

     Dang! I needed to get my shit together. Three monsters, seriously?!

     I told Tiffany this wasn't a big deal and that's what the truth should be. I'm overthinking and obsessing. I don't do nightmares. That was insane.

A/N : Thanks for reading! If you liked the chapter, please show it through your votes and comments. (:

# What's ya scariest nightmare?

Thank you HeyItsJovana for reading my book. Your comments are so hilarious! XD
Her book The Bad Boy's Journal is a really cute story. Check it out guys.