chApTEr f!FtEen

A/N : Nice to see you back here! Goal - 26 votes, 22 comments. Happy reading!

PLAYLIST : Slow Hands - Niall Horan

Symphony - Clean Bandit ft. Zara Larsson

     Though we were basically fighting the whole way, there grew a level of comfort between us

     Though we were basically fighting the whole way, there grew a level of comfort between us. We kept up our banter for the whole ride. Boy, he talked non-stop.

     There wasn't a minute of silence. He kept talking and talking and I listened. I've never seen a guy talk this much. It was amusing.

     The ride to school was quick. By the time we reached, I wasn't mad at him anymore. It was the way he spoke, you couldn't stay mad at him for long. He was such a smooth talker.

     That's what gets him all the girls. That and his million dollar smile. No wonder he's a player. I could understand why girls would fall for him.

     The prom was in the gym of our school. We handed over our tickets to the teacher in charge and went in.

     Booming music greeted us as we entered the main hall. We saw our friends standing around a table and went to join them.

     Tiffany was the first one to see us. "Hi," she beamed when she saw the two of us come together, glad that I agreed to her.

     "Nice to see you two bonding," Nate said mischievously.

     "Yeah, you can call it bonding. Or maybe Vivian here is pranking me and I haven't realized it yet," Derek said.

     Everyone laughed.

     "Oh, just enough with those jokes. It's getting boring now," I said, feigning annoyance.

     All of us caught up with each other. Caleb's school too had prom tonight. So, he and Shayna were heading over there after a while.

     While talking, Derek leaned into me and slipped his hand around my waist. The sudden contact made my cheeks feel hot. Tiffany saw this and raised an eyebrow.

     I got my inner composure back quickly, giving her an indifferent look and showing that this didn't affect me. This was normal for Derek; he's like this with every girl. It's just a hand touching my back. Nothing out of the ordinary. Hands touch backs all the time. After like ten seconds, he moved his hand to grab some punch.