*summary so far* part 2

cont'd

     In Biology class, Suzy is picking on Olive again and Vivian defends her. Suzy doesn't do her assignment and takes Olive's extra assignment and tries to pass it off as her own. Vivian tells about this to the teacher and Suzy ends up not getting any credit for the assignment.

     Suzy is mad at Vivian for calling her out and to take revenge she circulates Vivian's pics in the whole school in which Vivian is seen sitting alone at a party and crying. Vivian realizes that it was Suzy who did it but she stands up to her and says that if Suzy wanted to make her feel pathetic and sad, she failed because she isn't affected by those pics.

     The backstory on why Vivian was crying at the party was that she found out that her boyfriend (now ex bf) Cabe was cheating on her. She was caught off guard and got emotional. But later, she got over him pretty quickly.

     Cabe also comes across the pics and calls Vivian to ask her out for a movie. Cabe and Vivian are both single right now, and Vivian still has a soft spot for Cabe and thinks maybe they could get back together. But she realizes Cabe only wants a date for prom and wasn't even truly sorry for cheating on her.

     Vivian too doesn't have a date yet for prom, but she refuses Cabe. She was sure Cabe could find another date and she didn't want to turn up alone after refusing him, when he'd be with a date. So Tiffany says she'll find a date for Vivian.

Chapters 13 through 29

     The only single friend Tiffany could find was Derek! Vivian outright says no and thinks it's not such a bad idea to go with Cabe if the other option was Derek. She goes to Cabe to say yes but finds out he's already found another date.

     On the other hand, Tiffany doesn't want Vivian to go out with Cabe because he's such a d-bag and without asking Vivian, she tells Derek that Vivian will be his date.

     Vivian is mad at Tiffany for doing that but doesn't know how to refuse Derek so she ends up going to prom with Derek.

     Initially, Vivian is scared he's going to pull another prank on her and scare her, because he's so unpredictable. But prom goes okay for Vivian as far as Derek is concerned. They get along okay and almost get to kiss but are interrupted by Cabe and his date.

     Vivian realizes Derek's not as bad as she made him out to be and he's actually a really helpful guy. They find out that Gina got high and needed a lift home. Derek helps Vivian take Gina home and then when Vivian's mom and little brother wake up, they sneak out the window and go to Nate's after prom party.

     There, Vivian and Derek have their first kiss during a game of spin the bottle. Vivian low key likes it but doesn't admit it because she doesn't think a guy like Derek would ever like her. When Derek tries to kiss her again while dropping her home after the party, she gets nervous and fumbles up and tells him that she's not easy.

     She regrets saying that and thinks she lost her chance with Derek. Being with Cabe made her feel like she was easy, because even after Cabe cheated on her, he expected she'd go on a date with him (and she almost did). But Derek tells her that he never thought of her that way.

     Derek and Vivian have Calculus together and they sit together and start hanging out. They form a good friendship. Vivian starts liking him but doesn't act on her feelings because she knows Derek doesn't do relationships and commitment and that's not what she wants. She's happy with the way things are, or so she tells herself.

     Vivian, Tiffany, Shayna, Nate, Derek go to the county fair and there Shayna tells that she broke up with her boyfriend Caleb. Tiffany asks Vivian if she likes Derek and she says it's just a little crush, but she really, really starts liking him. Tiffany tries to hook them up, but nothing happens.

     Later in school, Shayna tells Tiffany and Vivian that she found her next boyfriend and that's Derek and they're kinda dating. Vivian is shocked but doesn't say anything. Tiffany asks if she's okay. Vivian says she's okay and it was just a little crush and no big deal. But Vivian really hurts inside. She always knew nothing could happen between Derek and her. Derek was exactly the kind of guy Vivian stayed away from, but she just couldn't help falling for him.

     She's hurting inside so when Cabe calls her and asks her out, she agrees to go out with him. Tiffany and Nate have a fight again and to patch things up between them, Vivian calls Derek. They talk for a long time and Derek calls Vivian the next day too. Vivian wants to stay away from Derek to keep her feelings at bay, and doesn't really want to talk to him and she's also sleepy when he calls her so she just mumbles something and hangs up.

*end of summary*

NEXT : Chapter 30 ▶️▶️