chAPTer twENTy eiGHt

A/N : Yo peoples! Happy New Year! 🎉🎉 I wish you have the best time ever in 2018 ♥️ Just rock the new year! So this is the last update of 2017. Enjoy! Love, ara 🤗

PLAYLIST : Rooftop - Zara Larsson

Habits (Stay High) - Tove Lo

     The phone rang twice before Derek answered it

     The phone rang twice before Derek answered it. I heard some shuffling sounds in the background and then after a few seconds came Derek's voice.

     "Hello?" His voice was thick and raspy, like he just woke up. I didn't want to think how sexy it sounded, but that was exactly what I was thinking.

     "Hi. I'm sorry I woke you up."

     "Vivian, it's you. Hi," he said. It looked like he was too sleepy to even check the screen of his phone for my name. "No, actually it's okay."

     "Um, okay."

     I heard more shuffling. "Listen, can I call you back in five minutes?"

     Oh no! He was just going to go back to sleep. "Yah, sure," I answered anyway.

     He hung up. Weird. Maybe he was too sleepy to talk to me. Five minutes passed and I was getting restless, not to say sleepy. Did he go back to sleep? Should I call him back? Did he just lie to me because he didn't want to talk?

     Shut up, shut up brain! Pay attention to the problem and stop analyzing Derek's every word.

     I called him again. This time the phone rang for a long time. What was going on? Why were people not answering their calls tonight?

     "Sorry. I was about to call you." He was fully awake now, judging by his voice. I already missed his sleepy voice. Damn you, concentrate Vivian!

     "Oh, I thought you went back to sleep."

     "I fell asleep on the couch tonight watching TV. I just came back to my room," he chuckled.

     I smiled. "You do that too? Anyway, so I needed a favor. Are you by any chance hanging out now with Nate?"

     "No. I was sleeping."

     Obviously. I knew that. Stupid me! "Sorry, I meant are you at Nate's? You told me once that you were staying at Nate's house. So I was just wondering." That was a really stupid question. He stayed there once, it was a stupid assumption that he'd be there tonight too.