chaPTEr tWentY TwØ

A/N : Hi! Thanks for being here, really ♥️ Please vote and comment if you like the chapter, it'd mean a lot to me XD

PLAYLIST : In The Name Of Love - Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha

     Joe cooled down a little, but not before threatening Derek to shave off his eyebrows

     Joe cooled down a little, but not before threatening Derek to shave off his eyebrows. Till now, Derek escaped the predicament.

     "Dude, chill. It was a mistake," Derek said.

     Joe narrowed his eyes at Derek. "It's not called a mistake when you do it intentionally."

     Derek shrugged and went all innocent faced. "I intentionally made a mistake. But it was a mistake nonetheless."

     We rode the ferris wheel and some other rides and were now standing in line to ride the Skyflyer. Derek and Joe continued bickering and I was sure it wouldn't end anytime soon.

     "Excuse us for a second," Tiffany announced to the group and pulled me by the arm. I let her take me some distance away from the others.

     "Now spill," she ordered.

     "What?" I asked confused.

     "What's going on between you and Derek?"

     "Us? Nothing." I looked over my shoulder to make sure we were out of earshot. "We were hanging out after school the other day. Can't really call it a hangout, it was a study session for Calculus. You know, he's really good at that. So that's it. Nothing else. It wasn't just him and me. There were total four of us."

     "Oh my God!" Tiffany said dramatically. "You are so into him."

     "No, I'm not," I denied. My voice came out louder than I intended. "I just told you it was a group study."

     She gave me a sly smile. "I heard you. But I also heard what you didn't say. You're clueless about it now, but I know that you're crushing on him. You always babble when you want to deny something that's true."

     I started protesting, but Tiffany cut me off. "Just don't deny it!"

     I laughed at her almost accurate observation of me. "Okay . . . It's just a little crush. A teeny tiny crush."

     "I knew it!" She hip checked me. "Why do you run away from your feelings? Embrace them."

     "It's just a crush, Tif. Don't make it a big deal." She was obviously going to make it a big deal. "Do you want to miss your ride? Let's go now, before someone cuts in."