cHaPtEr foRtY onE

A/N : Hey peeps! Thanks for coming back <3 If you like the story, please don't forget to like & comment. Happy readin!

PLAYLIST :

     After an eternity, it was lunch hour

     After an eternity, it was lunch hour. I dreaded having to meet Shayna again. Making my way to our usual table in the cafeteria, I saw that neither Tiffany not Shayna were there yet. I sat alone and waited for them.

     After a few minutes, I was greeted by Tiffany walking towards me with her lunch. "Hey Tif," I said.

     She remained standing and peered down at me. Something was definitely wrong, I could tell by the look on her face. "What are you doing?" she demanded.

     "Don't tower over me. Sit down." I prodded her with my elbow.

     "Derek is Shayna's boyfriend. You can't come between them!"

     Say . . . what?!

     I pushed my chair back and stood up next to her. "No. I..." I stuttered. "I'm not..."

     "Shayna told me everything." She looked at me sadly. "Look, you had your chance. But it's gone now. He's dating Shayna."

     I couldn't believe it. The first chance she got, Shayna babbled to Tiffany. And god knows what lies she fed her. I tried to explain myself. "Tif, I don't know what Shayna told you. But you've got it all wrong."

     Tiffany looked in no mood to believe me. "Did I? Get it all wrong? So Shayna didn't see you kissing Derek in the parking lot?"

     "She did," I admitted. "But -"

     "I don't believe this!" She opened her mouth like she wanted to say something more, but then closed it. Without hearing my side, she decided that I was the one at fault. I was at fault to an extent, no denying that. But I wished she'd at least let me explain myself.

     "Tiffany..." I began.

     Sighing, she said, "I'm out of here." I watched with a sinking feeling as she picked up her lunch and walked away from me. Finding an empty table, she occupied it.

     I wanted to go and talk to her again but she gave me one last icy stare before looking away. Not feeling hungry anymore, I abandoned my lunch and left the cafeteria. Tears threatened to escape my eyes so I quickly dabbed at them.