chaPtER FiVe

A/N : Hey again! ^.^ Just wanted to say that I've introduced all the important characters in the previous chapters, except one. He'll come up a bit later. But that's it. Hapē reading!

PLAYLIST : New Romantics - Taylor Swift

     I looked at the flavors in the ice-cream shop and ordered a pralines & cream

     "How can you not have strawberry flavor in your shop?" Shayna complained beside me.

     "We do. It just ran out of stock an hour ago," the girl behind the counter said.

     "Whatever. I'll take the rocky road then," she settled.

     Standing next to us and not looking at the flavors was Tiffany, lost deep in thought.

     "What are you eating?" I asked her.

     Her eyes snapped to mine. "Um, anything. What did you order?"

     "Pralines & cream."

     "Ok. Pralines & cream for me too," she placed the order.

     Tiffany was distracted by what Shayna said about her being the stalking girlfriend. She didn't say anything about it, but I knew it bothered her. She'd talk about it only when she wanted to. So, I didn't ask her anything and we went to the tables and ate our ice-creams.

     Tiffany fiddled with a loose thread on her ripped jeans. "Nate won't find out it was us, right? I mean, it could be anyone. Some random girl, right?" She looked at us with imploring eyes, urging us to agree with her.

     "Yes. I don't think he's even thinking about it," I agreed.

     "That's just wishful thinking," Shayna said.

     I gave her a disapproving look. "For once, try to be supportive."

     "It's not about being supportive," she argued. "Who had a reason for pretending to be Carla? Not any random girl. Only his girlfriend, who had a fight with him the same day. Why did they fight? Because of Carla."

     "You're right." Tiffany pouted. "What was I even thinking?"

     "You can't do anything about it now," I said.