chApTer tWeLve

A/N : Hey guys. Some of you asked me to update more often. So imma have a goal for each chapter. If I accomplish it, I'll post two chapters instead of one every Tuesday and Friday. The goal for this chapter is 25 votes, 20 comments, for me to post two chapters next Tuesday. Until next time :) Happy reading!

PLAYLIST : Cry Cry Cry - Scott Helman

     Some things are easier said than done

     Some things are easier said than done. Prom was just two days away and I still didn't have a date. Not that I was searching for one, or asking out guys, but I figured that someone would ask me out. I wasn't that inconspicuous after all. But no one did. Well, no one except Cabe.

     And Cabe was the exact reason I wanted a date. Another reason was, to not look like a third wheel.

     Tiffany and Shayna both had dates, and I'd be the only one single. I knew Tiffany won't let me feel left out, but it would still be awkward. I didn't think about this when I acted high headed with Cabe.

     "What are you day-dreaming about?" Olive nudged me from behind in biology class.

     "Who are you going with to prom?" I whispered to her when the teacher wasn't looking.

     "No one."

     "You don't have a date? Me too." Atleast I won't be the only one who turns up alone.

     "I'm not going to prom."

     "What? Why?"

     "I don't have time for prom. I'm going to a study group."

     I jumped at the opportunity. "Can I join you too if I don't find a date?" This could be a good excuse.

     "Yes, of course. Why would you even want to go to prom? It's just a waste of time. Prom is just awkward for girls like me."

     "That's not true!"

     She just shrugged. Mr. Crosby was dangerously close to calling us out for talking. So we paid attention to the rest of his class.

     Though I didn't want to admit it, deep down I felt like it was true. That prom would be awkward for me too.

     I didn't even buy a dress. I never got around to it. It was like I subconsciously knew I'm gonna be dateless. And going with Cabe was a no-go.

     But if I do find someone in the last minute, I could always borrow something from Gina.

~~~