ChApter fOrtY twØ

A/N : Thanks for being here! Please don't forget to vote & comment if you like the story <3

PLAYLIST :

     A heaviness in my chest weighed me down

     A heaviness in my chest weighed me down. Like on auto control, I managed to get myself to my next class. I arrived for biology and was immediately greeted by the stares of students who were already inside.

     Oh no. Not again. I'd kinda guessed why I was the center of attention.

     I walked past those curious and funny stares I was getting and sank in my seat. My eyes were cast downwards and I began studying the wooden table in front of me. It looked safer than looking up to people and finding out what the fuss was about.

     "Vivian," Olive's gentle voice cooed at me.

     I buried my head in my hands. Without looking at her, I asked what I'd been dreading. "Everyone knows, don't they? About Suzy's diary and me being behind it?"

     "Yes," she said softly. "One person knew, then the next. It spread like wildfire. I was surprised to know it was you." There was no judgement or curiosity in her voice. Olive must've been the only friend who was still standing by me. Tiffany had abandoned me already. She didn't even give me a chance.

     Shayna turned against me the first chance she got. Telling Derek the truth wasn't enough for her. No. She didn't stop there. She made sure everyone knew what I'd done. Everytime anything out of the ordinary happened in the dull, monotonous everyday life of my school, every single person found out. Everyone stayed in the loop.

     Olive was the only friend I still had. Suddenly, I was overwhelmed. I wanted to say everything to her and unburden myself.

     "Hey, Vivian," a red haired girl who sat behind me called. Keeping my head low, I turned back to hear what she was saying. "Is it true you stole Suzy's diary?" She giggled and gave me a thumbs up. "Way to go!" I gave her a half hearted smile and quickly looked away.

     Where were the teaches when you needed them? This class had been left unattended for way too long. Students talked among themselves loudly. Every now and then, I could hear my name being brought up. And with my name, a few heads turned in my direction in a not so discreet way.

     Looking down at the my desk proved to be a nice escape from reality.

     I made a mistake. I knew I regretted it, but it meant nothing if I wasn't going to do anything about it. My eyes scanned the room and landed on Suzy. She was standing in a corner with her two friends.