cHAPtEr fOrty

A/N : Hey peeps! Am back!!! I'm sorry that I have so many looonng breaks between updates. But this time, I'm competing the story :D So please vote and comment to let me know what you think <3 Happy readin!

PLAYLIST : The Middle - Zedd, Maren Morris, Grey

     Buzzz....buzzzz...bweep... went my alarm clock.

     I woke up groggily and stretched. Waving my arms blindly, I turned off the alarm. Why did it have to be morning already, I cursed silently. I was in the middle of a beautiful dream, which involved a certain guy I knew. Smiling broadly to myself, I threw off the covers and made my way to the bathroom.

     Wait! I stopped midstep. Last night wasn't a dream too, was it? No. I shook my head. I could still feel Derek's lips on my lips. I smiled recalling last night. It wasn't a dream, but it didn't even feel real. It was just perfect.

     After showering, I stood in front of my closet silently going through every piece of clothing I owned. Taking an eternity longer than always, I selected a violet cinched waist top and skinny jeans and nude leather pumps to go with it. I looked at myself in the mirror and applied eyeliner to my eyes. I looked alright, but my cheeks were a little flushed.

     I was getting way too excited, I scolded myself. At least, I didn't have to apply blush.

     I walked down into the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar. "Come on, Gina. Let's go," I said to my sister who was eating cereal. "Don't wanna be late today."

     She raised one eyebrow at me. "Why? Something special today?"

     "Nope," I said brightly.

     She eyed me up and down before following me outside. "You have a spring in your step. What's going on, sis?"

     "Nothing. Can't I be excited to get to school?"

     "Even for you, that's a little over the top."

     I laughed in reply. I was going to tell her about Derek and me, but probably after a while. Derek had apologized to Gina and I'm guessing she's not mad at him anymore, but they aren't even friends. And Gina always said whatever was in her mind, no filter applied. I didn't want to make it awkward, not on the official first day of Derek and me being together.