cHAptER fORtY FOur

A/N : Thanks for being here! Please don't forget to vote-comment if you like the story. Happy readin!

PLAYLIST :

     "So, I heard someone had a little fight," Shayna sneered at me the next day in school

     "I don't want to talk to you," I said and started to leave.

     "Why? It's not like you have a lot of people who want to talk to you."

     "Yeah, don't worry about it. Tiffany will, as soon as she finds out the truth. And Derek, well the little fight," I made airquotes, "is over now."

     She looked surprised. "Really?"

     "Yeah. Sorry for the disappointment, but Derek and I are good. Now if you'll excuse me, there's somewhere I need to be." All juniors and seniors were asked to gather in the gym for some announcements and I was hoping I'd get a chance to talk to Derek before that.

     "Wait." Shayna walked with me. "Don't you wonder why Derek forgave you so quickly for putting his life out for the world to see?"

     "If you're trying to start another fight, it's not gonna work."

     She gave a small laugh. "You're just hung up on him. You think he genuinely likes you? Let me break it down for ya, you're just a toy. He'll get bored soon enough."

     I tried to control my anger. "You said what you had to, right? Now leave me alone." We were outside the gym now and I stopped.

     Shayna stopped too and faced me. "I'm not done. You think talking to you every night made him like you? You think you have something special? Let me tell you something. He was with me, sleeping with me when you talked to him every night. I heard all about it. Do you think that was enough to fall for someone? You're so naive."

     I was taken aback. Composing myself, I said, "I know you're lying. If it was the truth, you'd tell me earlier."

     "I was thinking the diary fiasco would be enough for him to hate you. And that's what I wanted - him to hate you. If I said this earlier, he'd come running to you for forgiveness and you'd be naive enough to believe him."

     "Not working, Shayna. I don't believe you."

     "Let me prove it. Remember when you first called him, and he said he'd call you back in five minutes. Remember? Then he said something stupid like he fell asleep on the couch and came back to his room. Well the truth is, he was with me and went out of the room to talk to you so I wouldn't wake up. But I did and I heard every word of what he said."