cHaPtEr TwEnTy sIx

A/N : Hey guys! Merry Xmas eve! <3 Hope you all had fun and lots of goodies 🎄
I know I'm updating after almost 20 days (sorry!) In case you're wondering why, I was writing my finals and then I had a hard time getting back to writing. But in the mean time, we got 94k reads! And we're almost at 4k votes!! Thank you thank you thank you! I owe it to you guys to finish this book & I am going to. Inspiration hit me hard yesterday & I wrote like 5 chapters at a go!  So if this starts bad, I'm sorry (i'm kinda insecure and also I'm writing after a long time) But it gets better and there's gonna be twists & stuff. Okay now I gotta stop twaddling! Enjoy the story and keep those votes and comments rolling! That stuff makes my day like nothing else ♥️

PLAYLIST : I Hate U, I Love U - Gnash

     I took out some books from my backpack and shoved them in my locker and closed it

     I took out some books from my backpack and shoved them in my locker and closed it. When I turned around to leave, it didn't take me a minute to spot Derek and Shayna a few lockers away from mine.

     Derek leaned against his locker without a care in the world with his hands on Shayna's waist and Shayna was giggling at whatever he'd just said. I don't know why, but I couldn't look away. So I ended up staring at them, not too long to appear creepy but it was longer than a casual glance.

     What am I doing? Remember the list, Vivian!

     Derek lifted his head up and before our eyes could meet, I finally turned away. I still noticed him wave at me out of the corner of my eye but I chose to ignore him. He'd think that I didn't see him. With a sinking feeling in my heart, I dragged my feet outside and saw Cabe.

     "Hi." I said.

     "Hey, ready to go?" he asked.

     "Yes, I am."

     Cabe and I were going to go eat lunch off campus. When I called him yesterday, he said that he wanted to meet and talk. And I said we'd meet in school the next day. So here we are.

     Frankly speaking, my heart wasn't in it. But going with him meant I didn't have to witness Shayna and Derek cuddling and making out in lunch. I wasn't yet ready to accept the fact that they were dating.

~~~

     A few minutes later, I was sitting with Cabe at a table in Taco Bell, eating a burrito, trying to figure out Cabe's deal. Why all the sudden interest? Not that I was complaining. We talked for a while about school, football, his college applications and other neutral stuff.