ChapTER THiRTy Six

A/N : Hey! Please vote and comment if you're enjoying the story! Happy reading!

PLAYLIST : Beside You - 5SOS

     It was a beautiful afternoon, just the right amount of sunny. I was in the park near my house with Derek and was sat in a swing. Derek stood in front of me pushing the swing, giving me his cute lopsided grin. I grinned along with him. "Don't push too far. I'm scared of heights," I warned him.

     He began to smile and his whole face lit up, engaged in the smile. "You're scared of a lot of things, Vivian. You're scared of the truth."

     "Truth?" I asked him confused. "What truth?"

     He leaned towards me, his face inches from mine. Just as I moved forward to close the few inches, he pushed the swing which sent me backwards along with the swing. My jaw dropped in surprise and he roared out laughing at my reaction, shaking his head. "You're scared of your feelings!"

     "What kind of feelings?" I yelled to be heard above the wind.

     His eyes bore into mine. It felt like he was searching for something deep inside me. "Feelings for me."

     "I don't have any feelings for you."

     "You so do," he said, giving the swing a big push. I was going higher and higher. The swing wasn't coming back down. Panic filled my chest. What was happening! I wanted to shout but no words came out of my mouth. Suddenly, the chains broke and and I was lifted off the swing.

     I was falling down. I looked down in horror at the ground and flailed my arms around hoping something would break my free fall. The ground moved closer to me and I dived straight at it with a loud bang. I finally found my voice and screamed at the top of my lungs. "Aarghhh!"

     The ground was soft. It didn't hurt. Infact, it was too comfortable. And then I felt someone tug at me. Was it Derek? I was too comfortable to lift my head up and see. Then I heard a rumbling noise from somewhere far away. It became louder and now it sounded like an explosion. I closed my ears with my hands.

     And then it happened. A big rock appearing out of nowhere was being hurled at me. I couldn't get out of the way in time and it hit me straight in the face.

     "Wake up!"

     Huh? Who was that? What was that noise?

     "Vivian! Wake up!"

     The ground disappeared from beneath me and I was hanging in the air. Someone was still tugging at me but I couldn't see their face.

     "Vivian!"