03.

Green was that color invading my sight, it was always there, but it has never been that present as it is now.

Ever since I saw those green eyes and a part of the face where they belonged to, my mind is going crazy. Everything is happening without me fully comprehending.

My mind is going mad with questions, those without an answer. They bother me and I long to know everything. Searching for them without a sparkle of hope.

The small amount of distance between the two of us should have given me the opportunity to see every magnificent detail of his face.

But yet, they never gave them to me.
One, one detail, so tiny but oh so important is what they did gave me. I saw the sight of his eyes, the green color of them and emotions and secrest that were yet to discover.

Not once did I think green was a pleasant color to look at, but now I do and it is the only thing I want to see for the rest of my life.

That moment our eyes met and fought their way in, he lurred me in and my way back was never found again. My body was frozen and everything was as if no time was passing by.

When they left me and the back of his head was already walking away, dissapearing in the dark, my feet brought me home. As quick as I could I made my journey.

All things passing me by were all a blur to me, I arrived earlier than I expected and nothing was normal anymore. Everything was not what it seemed.

My mind went hazy, completely shutting off and leaving me in a state of utterly adoration and confusion.

And also now, in the back of the classroom, where all kinds of people are invading my space, I am still imagining the sight of green eyes.

When I closed my eyes, I visioned them with all their details. When my eyelids closed and I shut the world off, I did the same.

My teacher is standing in front of the room, her voice echoing through the room, but I am afraid no words reach my ears, because I am way too distracted with my imagination.

"Miss Bennett, are you even
paying attention?"
I suddenly hear a voice saying, one that pulls me out of my daydream.

I shoot my head up and meet the angry stare of our teacher. Her lips pursed in a thin line and stern eyes observing me.
"Uh..I am sorry."

She nods at her head while squinting her eyes and she continues her speech. I find myself wandering off again and this time I am free to let it happen.

The seconds pass by and when the bell rings and everybody stands up to leave the classroom, I do the same. Making my way out the brick building I wait for Lauren.

We find ourselves a seat and before I can even look at her properly she starts rambling about some guy she met. Her eyes sparkle and I instantly smile because of her happiness.

"He was so nice, June,
I think you will like him."
Her eyes are looking at the clouds above her heads. Dreaming about everything racing through her mind.

"That's so nice for you, Lauren. I am happy for you."
I answer her and she moves her head so she is now staring at me. Her eyebrows are furrowed and I pray she will not mention my state.