13.

There is always something
or somebody waiting for you.
Something stronger, more intelligent, more kind, more evil. Something crazier than crazy, saner than sane.

I try to keep this fully in mind
for when he is back, so I am prepared. But I know I will never be. He will always visit me when it is unexpected.

I need to forget him, make myself a bit more calm. I need to forget the way he spoke to me, the way his hands felt on my skin -- it is his touch I miss everytime he leaves.

No matter how hard I try, it gets harder every day. My nerves are always on the run and my heartbeat is never slowing down.

Nothing makes me forget him. At first Elijah was a distraction, but I fear he is no longer someone to distract me. No matter what I do, he always enters my thoughts.

I long to know his name. To feel his touch again, to see him again. How wrong it all may be.

I know I have some feelings for Elijah, but it was never Elijah who made my heartbeat go faster; who made blood run violently through my body.

The one behind all of that, was one big mystery and I desperately wanted to solve it. I needed to solve it.

My mind craves answers. Every question is what I to be answered. Every day I am waiting for him to make an appearance. On edge I scan everything I surround myself with.

But for this day I had to focus myself one Elijah. He would be here in a couple of minutes and I wondered how my day would be.

While brushing through my hair, I struggled with getting it the way I prefered it. My eyebrows were furrowed and I let out a puff of air, simply because I grew frustrated. Combing my fingers through it, I heard a knock on our frontdoor.

My feet brought me down our long hallway in front of the door. I cleared my throat and laid my hand down on the doorknob. Pulling the thing down, I opened the door.

My eyes fell upon Elijah and he instantly started smiling. The pleasing look of his broad shoulders and muscular body hidden beneath a layer of black leather.

"Hey, June. How are you?" His eyes met mine and he hugged me while asking.

I tried to act normal and distract myself from the fact he was here, right in front of me and ready to give himself to me, while I was distracted with someone else so out of reach.

"Hey Elijah, I am fine. You?"
I asked him, while moving out of the dooropening, "Come in."

His eyes started glowing, their sparkle returning and his white teeth were once again on display.

"I am good,"
he stepped into the living room and looked around, "where is your mother?"

"Working as always."

He looked at me for a couple of seconds and his eyes wandered around after that. I kept watching him, waiting for a reaction.

"So, we have the place for ourselves," he confirmed, "that's great."

I let out a laugh and he did the same. He walked to the couch and sat himself down. Looking up at me, he waited for something to happen.