25.

The streets were silent, looking deserted with no human being breathing on it. It was just the two of us -- Harry and I. We are both avoiding a conversation, by looking away from one another. I study my steps, my feet bringing me to where he leads me to. My mind brainstorming about a plan, but it seemed to be far away.

I could run, flee; everything. But something held me back that moment. Maybe it was the wait for an even better moment, maybe it was something else.

Birds are flying over our heads, towards a still unknown destination. I wish I had wings, so I had the possibility to fly to every place that lured me in. I followed the creatures flying high above us.

I felt his stare at me, the green of his eyes on my skin. Piercing through me with just a glance. I exhale and move my eyes towards his face, focusing on the handsome man next to me.
I furrowed my eyebrows at him, indirectly asking him what was wrong, why he was looking at me like that.

He simply shakes his head and sighs deeply. Harry continues studying the ground as if it was made of pure gold. I cleared my throat, noticing it felt rather dry and unpleasant. My arms hung loosely next to my sides, not knowing what exactly to do with them.

We both do not break the silence. Those we are captured in an awful lot of time, but never one this uneasy. Our eyes kept looking at eachother, to look away when being caught by the other. We both knew we did it.

We passed a couple of houses and they were all as big and enchanting as his -- big manors, towering high up in the air behind a beautiful garden. I adore the sight of them all.

"They are quite beautiful, aren't they?" Harry suddenly asks out of nowhere. I nod and smile at him.

I decide to continue the conversation and not let us fall back in the never ending silence. "Why do you live alone in such a big house?"

He suddenly stares into the distance, his eyes avoiding me. It looks like he is struggling with something that bothers him to say. He stops in his tracks and I do too.

"Because...because," He takes a deep breath and I see his chest relaxing,
"it reminds me I am alone. Alone in my mind. My mind is my maze,
the same way my house is a maze for others."

I think about his answer. His mind; it was the only thing he spoke a lot of. It was always about things under his power, things he can control. But it seems like he can't.

"Don't you have family?"

I look back at him and see him looking at the end of the road, staring with his big green eyes.

"I haven't. They left me, when they found out I was-," he stops and shakes his head, muttering something under his breath, before trying to close the subject, "It is none of your business."

"Ofcourse it is!" I wave with my hands, trying to make my point by getting his attention even more.

He just shakes his head again and starts moving again, his feet carrying him further. I trail behind and try to hide my annoyence. But I fail to do so.
"But- But, you can't just expect me to shut up about it!"

"I do, so shut up." He shoots daggers at me his stare and again tells me to shut up, but now with the story behind his eyes. So I do and look away from his intimidating stare and body language.