09.

Four days never felt this long, I have been on my own all these days. Avoiding every breathing and living person around me, trying to find and reach my own peace.

My mother left me a couple days ago, a trip with a friend of hers she said. So she was no distraction anymore after she left me alone with my thoughts.

She was afraid I would not make it alone for an amount of fourteen days, I just reassured her I will do fine. With a hesitating smile she left the house and her presence kept lingering through the house.

I am delighted to say she was finally giving herself some rest, some fun and joy in her life is exactly what she needs and so I won't hold her back.

I am just holding back myself, being swallowed by the fear and nerves racing through my body. Shaking hands and rapid breaths are keeping me up at night and alive at day.

I stared at the screen of my computer and read the words my professor wrote me, giving me an explanation on what I should do for an upcoming project.

Focusing on the page, filled with words written by me I tried to do as much without getting distracted. But it was not even one page later, when somebody knocked on our wooden front door.

I stood up from the chair, it screeched on the floor, and slowly walked down the stairs. Apparently I was too slow, because the person on the other side of the wall, got impatient and started knocking again.

I opened the door to be met by my best friend, her smile reaching me and I did the same. The color of her eyes shining as bright as ever and the enthusiasm she always surrounds herself in, blinds me.

"It was about time, you answered the door!" Was the first she said, while letting herself in. I followed her and she knew her way perfectly.

"So, what were you doing before I interrupted you?"
She poured herself something to drink and I just watched her.

"Just doing a project," I cleared my throat, "for school. Kinda boring."

She sat next to me on the couch and I saw that she was desperate to know what was going on.

"I haven't seen you in a couple of days, June. What's wrong? I am worried about you."

I picked up my glass, sat up straight and answered her question,
"Nothing's wrong, don't worry. My mother left the country so I am here alone now, doing some stuff for school." I paused and drank something, "What about you and Mason?"

She frowned her eyebrows before they relaxed again and she sat up straighter when she heard my question.

"Everything is going amazing! He is such a great person and he makes me laugh all the time," she started smiling, "He even took me out on a proper date yesterday, so romantic!"

°

The train was making its way while swaying from side to side. I found myself stumbling and desperately trying to stay put. All seats were taken so I was scared to end up on someones lap.

I failed rather embarrasing.

The train made a huge turn to the left and my body instantly flew towards that direction. I was too late, my mind was focusing on something else. A second later I was knocked on a chair, with somebody sitting on it.