VIII

Christmas was approaching fast, and so was Louis' birthday for that matter.

But still he hadn't resolved any of his pending problems; he hadn't gotten in touch with his baby's father, he hadn't called his mum to let her know he was in England, nor he had started looking into the adoption process, well, kind of, because he had made an appointment at an adoption agency, but that wasn't until next week.

What he had been doing lately was getting used to his job, which he had slowly but surely adapted to, and now, after a week of working, he wasn't as tired when he went home every day.

Louis was coming out of the employee bathroom, after his 4th bathroom break that morning, thanks to his kicking baby, when he saw Niall approaching him with a huge smile on his lips.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Louis frowned.

"Some hottie is asking for you" Niall informed him.

"What?" Louis asked confused.

"Brown hair, green eyes, cute dimples?" Niall clued him in.

"Harry" Louis grinned.

"Harry, huh?" Niall asked raising his eyebrows playfully.

"Shush" Louis said, and walked away from Niall to see if it really was Harry, being happy to know he got to see him.

Oh, yes, that was the other thing he had been doing lately, helplessly pining after lovely Harry. To be honest, it was getting a little ridiculous, Louis was sure he had never had it so bad for anyone in his life, but he found himself thinking about him all the time, and missing him every time he went off for a few days.

Louis saw Harry sitting on a booth by the window, the light coming from outside making him seem like he had a halo around his head, and it made him sigh at the view before he approached him.

"Hey" Louis greeted him.

"Hi" Harry smiled, showing his dimples.

"What are you doing here?" Louis questioned.

"I told you I would come by sometime to check out the place" Harry explained.

"I'm glad you did" Louis smiled genuinely.

"Me too" Harry smiled back.

He was looking at him straight in the eyes, making lose his focus for a few seconds, but then he was able to regain his composure, and he cleared his throat.

"So what can I get you? A late breakfast or an early lunch?" Louis asked, seeing as it was 11 AM.

"Late breakfast, I just woke up an hour ago" Harry replied.

"I recommend the waffles, they're all really good, well, at least the ones I've tasted" Louis told him "The omelets are really good too".

"Mmm" Harry hesitated, as he looked at the menu, and Louis thought how sexy he looked biting his lip "I'll go with a ham and cheese omelet and a cup of coffee".

"Black, right?" Louis guessed, because that's how he had seen him take his coffee.

"Right" Harry nodded, as he returned the menu to Louis.

"Alright, I'll go get that for you" Louis told him, and walked away.

He went to the kitchen window to place the order, and then headed behind the counter to get a mug, cutlery, a sugar bowl and the coffee pot.

"Who is he?" Niall asked coming up behind the counter, but he had the good sense to whisper.

"He's one of my flatmates" Louis explained.