XLI

It had been 3 weeks since the social worker's visit, and a lot had happened in the Payne-Styles-Tomlinson flat since that.

For starters, Julian's stitches had been removed, and so had the cast in his arm, so he was as good as new, except for a tiny scar on his forehead, which the doctor said was going to fade away in time.

Secondly, Harry had moved into Louis' room, bed included, because his was bigger, and Julian and his stuff had moved to the smaller room, which they had turned into a very pretty nursery to fit the very pretty baby who now occupied it.

They had also baby proofed the entire flat, every single room, although it wasn't all that necessary, because since the accident Louis had his eyes on Julian 24/7, even when the baby was asleep, Louis would watch him through the baby monitor camera to make sure he was okay.

Louis was also constantly terrified of the social worker coming back, so he was always making sure the flat was perfectly clean and tidy, which he had never focused on before, but if it meant Julian not being taken away, he was willing to clean the entire flat with a toothbrush if it was necessary.

And last, but not less important, Julian had just turned 6 months old, which meant it was his half birthday and time for him start eating solids!

So of course, Harry and Louis had started their day giving Julian his first ever solid food, which was pear pure, and he absolutely loved it.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Louis asked his boyfriend as he walked into the nursery, where Louis was getting Julian ready for the day after they spent the entire morning being lazy in bed.

"Gemma just called, my new niece was born last night" Harry informed him.

"Really?" Louis grinned, feeling genuinely happy for the news.

"Yeah" Harry smiled back "She came a couple of weeks earlier, but Gemma says she's doing great".

"I'm so happy to hear that" Louis told his boyfriend "What did they name her?".

"Paige".

"I like that name" Louis considered, as he finished getting Julian ready, and he held him in his arms.

"Yeah, and I think it suits her" Harry said, and showed Louis a picture on his phone "What do you think?".

"She does look like a Paige" Louis agreed, seeing the little baby's face, and although Louis would always consider there was no prettier baby than Julian, little baby Paige was giving him a run for his money "And she's very cute".

"She looks a lot like Zoey when she was born" Harry smiled at the picture "But anyway, I told Gemma I would go to the hospital now to meet her, wanna come with me?".

"Yeah" Louis agreed right away "Let me get a quick shower and we'll go".

"Alright" Harry said, and automatically took Julian from Louis "We'll pack a baby bag to take while you get ready".

"Thanks, babe" Louis smiled.

Louis went to the bathroom, showered quickly as promised, then went to his and Harry's room to get dressed, to then return to the bathroom to try to do something with his hair, it was getting too long... he definitely needed a haircut.

"I'm ready!" Louis announced when he was finally done, and grabbed sneakers and a jumper from his closet.

"Us too!" Harry said back from the living room.

Louis went over there and saw Harry was strapping Julian to his chest, which lately was the baby's favorite means of transport.

"Stroller too or not?" Harry wondered when he was done making sure Julian was safe.