LXXV

LOUIS

Louis was laying down on the couch on his back just staring at the ceiling.

He had barely slept all night, despite how tired he had been after the 3 flights he had to take to return to England, and he knew his lack of sleep was due to the conversation he had with Harry.

When Louis realized we wanted to come back, and get his family back, he hadn't been naive, and he knew Harry would be angry at him, and possibly turn his back on him. But he thought that if he explained to him his reasons, and the way he felt when he felt, that Harry would understand, and maybe forgive him.

But although Harry hadn't forgiven him yet, he made up his mind that he wanted to win Harry's trust back, and he wasn't going to give up until he got it, because he wanted to be with him for the rest of his life.

It was still dark outside when Louis heard footsteps coming down the stairs, and after a light was turned on, Louis was able to see it was Harry.

He was wearing his pilot uniform, and he looked as sexy as he had always looked wearing that, and it made Louis' heart beat faster.

"Morning" Louis spoke.

"Oh, you're up" Harry stated.

"Yeah" Louis said as he sat up on the couch.

"Uhm... I was supposed to drop the kids off at my mum's house on my way to the airport, but-" Harry was saying.

"You don't have to, I'll take care of them" Louis quickly cut him off.

"Okay" Harry replied "I'll let my mum know".

"Has she been helping you with them everyday?" Louis asked curiously.

"Yes, her and your mum too, and also Gemma, and Niall and Liam" Harry explained.

"Oh" Louis said, feeling bad that Harry turn to so many people in his absence to take care of the kids, but at the same time he was grateful that all of them had stepped up to help him.

"You should call your mum, she deserves to know you're back, she was devastated when I told her you left" Harry told him.

"Yeah, I'll call her" Louis agreed, knowing that was something he needed to do.

"Okay" Harry replied, and seemed hesitant.

"Don't worry about the kids, I know how to take care of them" Louis assured him "I'm their mum".

"Now you remember" Harry scoffed.

"Harry, I'm so sorry" Louis apologized again, and he was willing to apologize whatever number of times was needed "Please understand that-"

"Not now, Louis" Harry cut him off "I need to go".

"Okay" Louis agreed with a small voice, and got up from the couch "But you should eat breakfast before you leave, I can cook something quickly".

"No thanks, I'll have something at the airport" Harry replied dryly.

"Are you sure? It will just take me 5 minutes" Louis said eagerly.

"I'm sure" Harry said, and cleared his throat "Uhm... I guess I'll see you when I come back".

"I'll be here" Louis assured him.

Harry just stared at him fort a few seconds, then nodded once, and walked away.

When Louis heard the front door closing, he let out the air he didn't even remember holding, and he sat down on the couch again.

He hated how weird things were between them, when that had never been the case; he had always felt so at ease with Harry, ever since the day he met him.