LXIX

HARRY

"Julian, no, don't eat that!".

Was the first thing Harry heard when he got home that Friday night.

That, and Naomi's screams.

He sighed, dreading to see what he was going to find, but he closed the door behind him, and went to see what was going on.

And what did he find?

All of his family was in the kitchen; Louis was holding Naomi on his hip trying to shush her, and Julian was sitting on the floor next to a splashed bowl of spaghetti, and he was eating it with his hands.

"Julian, I told you to stop!" Louis told him, and he sounded exhausted more than angry.

"Jules, come on that's dirty" Harry said as he walked up to his son.

"Daddy!" Julian smiled when he saw him.

"Hi, baby" Harry said, and picked him with his arms.

As soon as he did, though, Julian hugged him, getting his pilot jacket covered in red sauce.

"Julian, your hands!" Louis said tiredly.

"It's fine, love, I have others" Harry brushed off "I'm gonna get him cleaned up, alright? And then I'll come help with the mess on the floor".

"Okay, thanks" Louis sighed as he continued bouncing Naomi.

"Let's get you cleaned up mister" Harry told Julian as he climbed the stairs with him in his arms "You're a mess of sauce".

Julian giggled as Harry entered the bathroom.

"It's not funny, Jules" Harry said and he left Julian on the floor "Now don't move".

Harry took his jacket off, which he knew he was going to take to the dry cleaners, and left it aside, then he opened the faucet of the bathtub, and started undressing Julian, all of his clothes had sauce on them, and also...

"Oh my god, you even have sauce in your hair" Harry realized, making Julian giggle again "Jules you know you're not supposed to eat food from the floor, you're a boy, not a doggie".

"Woof, woof" Julian said as Harry got him inside the tub.

"Oh, so you are a doggie?" Harry chuckled, but knew he shouldn't, because that meant encouraging the bad behavior.

"Woof" Julian nodded.

"You're silly" Harry shook his head "But I'm serious Jules, don't eat food from the floor, it's dirty, and you might get sick if you eat it, and you're not supposed to eat spaghetti with your hands, alright?".

"Yeah" Julian agreed as he grabbed one of his bath toys.

"Good boy" Harry told him.

Harry bathed and washed Julian's hair quickly, then he wrapped him in a towel, took him to his room and dressed him in a pair of pajamas.

Then they both went downstairs, where Naomi was still screaming in Louis' arms, who seemed to be at the edge of a breakdown, so Harry offered his arms to take her, and Louis quickly handed her off.

"Hi, Naomi" Harry cooed while his daughter kept crying her lungs out "It's okay, baby, I'm here".

Harry shushed her while he rubbed her belly (which the doctor said help with colic), and then looked around and saw Louis had sat Julian down in his booster chair, and had strapped him to it, and was now cleaning the mess on the floor".

"Did Julian throw it on the floor?" Harry asked through Naomi's screams.

"No, I was serving him dinner and I accidentally dropped it because I was trying to comfort Naomi at the same time" Louis answered, and by how hard he was scrubbing the sauce from the floor, he could tell he was angry "I don't blame Julian for eating it, though, he was starving because I forgot to make dinner until half an hour ago, which is way too late for him to even be up, let alone eat, so I'm a terrible mother, but that's not news".