XLIX

A week after the social worker's visit, Louis and Harry found a daycare for Julian, one that seemed very friendly, and it made Louis comfortable enough to leave his precious little boy there in the morning while he went out to find a job.

And honestly, it was quite easy to find a job now that he wasn't pregnant, and just three days after Julian started attending daycare, he was hired as a barista in some chain coffee shop. But Louis had decided that that was only going to be a temporary job, until he found something better, maybe a little more fun, and somewhere where maybe he could scale up a bit, and one day earn a better salary. But finding a job like that was obviously going to take a while, so for the time being, he was alright just being a barista.

A week after Louis started working, the social worker showed up again, and this time Harry was home with Louis and Julian, and although she found everything in perfect shape, she still decided to keep the case open, and both Harry and Louis had to bite their tongues not to yell at her.

And just like that, before they even realized it, it was April, and that meant Julian's 1st birthday arrived on the 6th. And with Julian's birthday, came Bruno, who kept his promise of visiting their son for his birthday, and he stayed for a week. And even though Julian couldn't really speak, and just said a few words, he seemed very happy to have his pai there, and Louis was too, knowing that when Julian looked back on the pictures of his first birthday, he would be pleased to see both his parents there with him, plus his amazing step dad.

This time, though, Bruno didn't stay in the flat, because Harry was there now, and it would have been a little awkward. So he stayed in a bed and breakfast nearby, and he was able to see Julian the entire time he was there.

It was currently Bruno's last night in England, and they had him over for dinner, and while the Brazilian was with Julian, helping him try to walk on his own, Harry was making dinner and Louis was helping him with it.

And just as dinner was served, and they all sat down at the table (minus Liam, who was at Niall's), the doorbell rang.

"Did you invite someone else?" Bruno wondered.

"No" Louis replied, and as he headed to the door he had the feeling it might be the stupid social worker, and when he looked through the peephole he realized his instinct had been right "Great".

"Who is it?" Harry asked.

"The social worker" Louis answered, and opened the door "Hello".

"Good evening, Mr. Tomlinson, may I come in?" Monica asked.

Louis didn't answer, he just opened the door wider, and let her walk inside, which she was quick to do.

"Hello, Mr. Styles" she greeted Harry with a nod, who nodded back and then looked at Bruno "And you are...?".

"Bruno Almeida" Bruno said and offered his hand "I'm Julian's dad".

"It's nice to meet you" Monica said as she shook his hand "I'm Monica Ryder, we spoke on the phone a few weeks ago".

Louis knew about this, because Bruno had told him about it, and from what he had told him, the woman had grilled him about the heat stroke incident.

"Yes, I remember" Bruno answered.

"Why are you in England?" Monica asked.

"I came to visit my son for his birthday, it was on Saturday" Bruno explained.

"That's right, he just turned a year old" Monica said looking at Julian, who was sitting in his high chair "Did you do something to celebrate it?".

"We had a little party at my mum's house in Surrey" Louis explained, his tone flat.

"I see" Monica nodded, and wrote on that stupid notebook of hers "And there weren't any incidents?".