LX

Niall and Liam got back from their honey moon after 10 days as expected, and that meant Declan went back home with them. And even though the boy had been very good while he stayed with them, Louis was relived to go back to being a mum of only 1 kid.

Today was Saturday, and it was Harry's 30th birthday!

Harry wasn't very happy about it though, the days leading up to the big day he kept saying he didn't want to be old, and that he didn't want anyone to even wish him a happy birthday.

But obviously Louis wouldn't allow that, and he organised a birthday party for his boyfriend despite his protests, because this was an important birthday, and Harry just had to deal with it.

So he invited Harry's family, and the people he knew Harry considered his closest friends over, and considering right now Harry was smiling and laughing with a group of friends, Louis knew he had done the right thing by insisting they celebrate.

"Louis can I talk to you for a second?" Gemma asked approaching Louis.

Louis hadn't seen Gemma, or spoken to her, since Christmas, when she accused him of cheating on Harry. He hadn't even invited her to the party directly, he had asked Anne to tell her about the party in case she wanted to attend, even though he knew she and Harry hadn't fixed things between them either.

And even when she showed up at the party with her family, Harry ignored his sister, and just gave his attention to his nieces and his brother in law.

"Uhm...sure" Louis replied "Come to the kitchen with me, I need to get some food out".

Gemma followed him there, and leaned against the kitchen counter while Louis took out some mini quiches from the oven.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry for what happened over Christmas, I shouldn't have said any of that, it wasn't fair to you" Gemma told him.

"No, it wasn't" Louis agreed "You really hurt me, Gemma".

"I know, and I'm really sorry" Gemma apologised.

"I thought you liked me".

"I do, I really like you, and I know how happy you make my brother, I just... we've thought for so many years that Harry couldn't have kids, and then after you got pregnant, the doctor said there was no way it could be Harry's... so I-".

"I get it" Louis interrupted her "I do".

"Can we bury the hatchet then? I really miss my brother, and my girls really miss their favourite uncle and their cousin" Gemma said, and gave him a little smile "And I don't want to miss out on the life of my new little niece"

Louis gave her a smile back, and then nodded.

"Ok, we're good, I accept your apology" Louis told her.

"Thank you" Gemma smiled wider now.

She actually surprised Louis by hugging him, and he ended up hugging her back.

"So my mum says you're naming her Naomi?" Gemma asked, after their hug ended.

"Yeah, we are" Louis confirmed "Harry chose it".

"I thought so, ever since I can remember, and even after we found out he couldn't have kids, he said that if somehow he ended up having them he would name his son Julian and his daughter Naomi" Gemma smiled again "And now he has them both".

"He does" Louis grinned.

"What's going on?" Harry asked walking into the kitchen. 

"I just apologised to Louis for what happened, and he accepted my apology" Gemma explained.