LXIII

"Ladies and gentleman, this is your captain speaking" Harry said to the passengers "We've already started our descent into Heathrow airport. We expect to land 5 minutes after our scheduled time, if you want to adjust your watch, it is 10:45 in London right now. The weather is rainy and the temperature is 6 degrees Celsius. We wish you a pleasant stay in London, and we hope to see you again very soon. On behalf of all our crew, thank you for choosing to fly with British Airways".

Harry ended the communication and yawned as he focused on piloting the plane; they were landing in 15 minutes, and it had been an easy flight, but now that they were reaching England, it was raining, and although they hadn't descended enough to encounter the fog, they already knew there was a lot, so he had to be extra careful.

"The weather was so good in L.A., and it's so shïtty here" Rick, his copilot, commented.

"That's London for you" Harry chuckled.

"Got any plans for the week?" Rick asked.

"Not really" Harry answered "I'll probably suggest we start getting the baby's room ready, we've pretty much been using it as storage space since we moved, so we have to paint it and build the furniture and all of that".

"But you have time, right?" Rick asked, they flew together a lot, so he knew all about Louis, Julian and Naomi "When is she due?".

"May 24th, so yeah, we still have almost 3 more months to go" Harry explained "But I think it's never too early".

"That's true" Rick acknowledged "With Haylie, my wife and I had everything ready 4 months into the pregnancy, but with Tommy we completely dropped the ball, he came a month early and all we had were the things we were reusing, but nothings else, the poor kid didn't even have a name".

Harry laughed, knowing this to be true, because Rick's son Tommy had been born only about 8 months ago.

They were interrupted then by the tower control saying they were clear for landing in runway 4, and so from then on Harry and Rick had to focus on the landing, and they only talked about that, because they also had to be communicating with the tower control.

The landing was on time, and it was really smooth and Harry didn't like to brag, but that was usually the case. They had to wait a while in the plane until they gave them a gate, then they had to wait for the passengers to leave the aircraft, and then it came the whole airport thing that took a while, until Harry finally was ready to go home.

"Harry!" a woman's voice called just as Harry crossed the arrivals gate, and was going t head to the tube station.

But Harry could recognise that voice anywhere, so he turned his head in the direction where the voice had come from, and just as he suspected he saw his mum standing there, waving her hand to get his attention, so he went over to her.

"Mum?" Harry said as he approached her "What's going on?"

"What do you mean what's going on? I came to pick you up" Anne told him.

"But why?" Harry frowned.

"Can't a mother pick up his only son from the airport after he had a long flight?" Anne asked.

"Yes, but the last time you did that was after my first international flight" Harry pointed out "Did something happen?".

There was something in his mum's face that told Harry that something had happened, and that was why she was there.

"No" Anne denied "Let's just go to the car".

She quickly started walking in the direction of the airport parking, and Harry followed behind, but not quietly, because he needed a truthful answer.