IX

"Louis William Tomlinson" Jay said, her voice stern.

"Fûck" Louis whispered.

"Louis, I saw you, get out from there right now" Jay ordered.

Louis sighed, knowing he had no option, and slowly got up, being grateful that the counter was hiding his baby bump, because he didn't want his mum to see it.

The thing was, he hadn't seen his mum in person since the day he left England when he was 18 years old, and was just supposed to be traveling over the summer. Through the years, though, he had tried to make her come visit him wherever he was, but she always declined his invitation, saying it was he who had to come visit her, but he never did.

Still, they emailed and talked on the phone a lot, and Louis even sent her postcards sometimes, just as he did with Liam.

But seeing her in person after all those years was a shock, and although Jay was still a very young woman, he couldn't help but notice that the years hadn't passed in vain, and that she didn't look like the last time he saw her.

"Hi, mum" Louis said, gathering the courage to talk "What are you doing here?".

"What am I doing here?" Jay asked in disbelief "What in the world are you doing here?".

"Working?" Louis answered.

"I mean in England, Louis!" Jay exclaimed.

"I came back?" Louis answered, knowing by her tone that she was really pissed, and it scared him a bit.

"And you didn't think to tell me? Your own mother? The person who gave life to you and who has missed you every single day since the day you left?" Jay asked in outrage.

"Sorry?" Louis apologized.

"Just get out of there so I can hug you, and then I'll yell at you some more" Jay told him.

"I'm kind of busy actually" Louis excused himself.

"Louis!".

"What?".

"Get out from there now!" Jay ordered.

"Okay, but don't freak out" Louis asked of her.

"Why would I freak out?" Jay frowned.

Louis didn't answer, he just sighed, and walked out from behind the counter, and immediately saw his mum's eyes widening when she noticed the bump.

"I'm sorry" Louis mumbled.

"I don't even care right now" Jay declared, and walked the few steps that were separating him and threw her arms at her son, holding him tightly "My baby".

"I missed you, mum" Louis told her as he hugged her back.

"Not as much as I missed you" Jay answered, and Louis could hear how emotional she was in her voice "I love you so much, my perfect boy".

Louis let himself soak in that hug, because it had been way too long, and he was happy to know that despite everything, his mum was still there for him, and that the first thing she had wanted to do was hug him.

When they finally let go of each other, Jay held Louis' face with his hands, and just stared at him, as if she couldn't believe her eyes.

"I can't believe you're here, and you look so grown up, Lou" Jay determined "You're not a boy anymore, you're a man now".

Louis smiled, and was going to tell her she looked great, but Madison, who was a waitress too, interrupted their moment.

"Lou, those ladies over there are asking what's taking so long with their order" Madison told him.