XIII

The adoption process had officially been set in motion.

Louis had gone back to the adoption agency that gave him the information before, and told Sally, the social worker, of his decision.

So Louis was sent to talk to a therapist or psychologist, he wasn't sure what she was, so she could determine that this route was really what he wanted. Which she was able to do after 2 sessions, and after all of that was done, he went back to Sally, who asked him for medical information of himself and the baby, asked a few things about the other father, and finally asked about the specifications of what kind of parents he wanted to adopt the baby.

And that was pretty much it; right now Louis was just waiting for a call to tell him that they had matched his baby with a couple, and then the agency would set up a meeting between them, so Louis could get to know them.

To be completely honest, Louis was a bit anxious about it, because he was worried that he wasn't going to like the couple, although Sally had assured him that he could say no if that was the case.

And having done all of that, he had also had to tell him mum about his decision, which hadn't been pretty. She had begged him to reconsider, and promised him that the baby would grow up happy and loved with her and Dan, but Louis had stayed firm with his decision, and eventually she had no choice but to accept it.

"Louis?" Niall asked, coming into the locker room.

"Yeah?" Louis asked, his shift had just ended, so he was finishing getting ready to leave.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Niall asked.

"Sure" Louis agreed, and closed his locker.

"We've only known each other for a short time, but I like to think we're friends, right?".

"Yes, I like to think that too" Louis confirmed.

"Then why didn't you tell me you were going to give up your baby for adoption?" Niall asked, but his tone wasn't mad, just... sad.

"Oh... that" Louis said, knowing pretty well that that was something he had never mentioned to the blonde "How did you find out?".

"I went to talk to Delilah to ask her if we could throw you a baby shower here, and she told me you probably wouldn't like that seeing as you were giving up the baby" Niall explained.

"That was sweet of you, to want to throw me a baby shower" Louis said, feeling moved by it.

"I know how it is to be broke and having a baby, and I thought a few presents might help you" Niall shrugged.

"I'm sorry, I should've told you" Louis apologized, feeling guilty.

"Why didn't you?" Niall wondered.

"Because you had a baby when you were way younger that I am right now, and you kept him, and I didn't want another person judging me for not keeping mine, I have enough with my best friend and my mum" Louis said honestly.

"I wouldn't judge you, Louis, I've been judged enough in my life to do that to someone else" Niall told him.

"Why would anyone judge you?" Louis frowned "You did the right thing, you kept your baby".

"But I got pregnant on a one night stand with a person who I never even ended up dating, and it happened on my first week of Uni, which I dropped out off to take care of my kid saying I would go back in a year, but I never did" Niall answered "So your mum might judge you for wanting to give up your baby, but my parents judged me for the opposite, they still do".

"They didn't want you to keep Declan?" Louis asked surprised.

"No" Niall shook his head "I mean, they love him, I know they do, but they think I ruined my life having him".