LXXI

Louis had been gone for a week.

And it had probably been the hardest week of Harry's life, and not only he missed Louis like crazy, but also because being a single parent was harder than he thought, especially being a pilot.

Thankfully a week before Louis left, he had changed routes, and was flying short flights, which meant now he was home everyday at some point to be with the kids, but his schedule was different every day, which made things hard. But he had the support of his mum and his sister, as well as Louis' mum, and Niall and Liam, and between all of them they had make it work for the entire week.

But although Harry appreciated the help of all the people around him, they couldn't compare to Louis taking care of the kids, because both of them missed him, and it showed. It was obviously worse with Julian, who was older and aware of what was happening, and he kept asking and asking about his mummy, saying he wanted to see him and he missed him, and he was throwing tantrums whenever Harry or anyone couldn't give him an answer.

Which was exactly what was happening now; it was Sunday, and Harry had the day off, which he was excited about, because he really needed to spend time with the kids, and the kids needed him too. But Julian was currently crying his lungs out while Harry held him and tried to console him.

"It's okay, baby, everything okay" Harry shushed him "I'm here".

"Mummy" Julian sobbed.

"I know you miss him, Jules" Harry said while he rubbed his back.

Julian kept crying and calling for him mum, and Harry didn't know what else to do or say to make things better. He couldn't just tell Julian he would see his mum soon, because he didn't know if that was true, and as the days went by, the more convinced Harry got that Louis wasn't coming back, especially considering that now, every time he tried to call him, it said that the number was disconnected.

But suddenly, Harry had an idea, and he reached for his laptop, which was on the living room coffee table, and while still holding Julian, he managed to open it, and look something up.

"Jules" Harry said as he tried to get Julian to unwrap his arms from his neck.

"No" Julian refused.

"But I want to show you mummy" Harry told him.

That made Julian quickly let go of Harry's neck, and he looked around the room, searching for him.

"Here, Jules, look at the screen" Harry pointed at the computer screen.

Julian's eyebrows turned into a little frown, but he looked at the screen, and Harry pressed play on the video on the screen.

It was a video from their last vacation, Harry had taken it with his phone while at a beautiful viewpoint in Capetown.

"Louis, Julian say hi" Harry's voice said while he filmed the pair.

"Put down that phone and enjoy this view" Louis replied, he had Julian in his arms.

Harry looked at Julian, and saw his eyes stuck on the screen, and he wasn't crying anymore, but his face was very serious.

"Come on, I'm sending this to my mum" Harry told Louis on the video.

Louis rolled his eyes, but seemed amused, and it made Harry smile without him wanting to.

"Hi, Anne, we're here at a place called Cape Point in Cape Town, but your son refuses to look at the view" Louis teased him.

Harry heard himself laughing on the video, and he looked at Julian again, and a little smile had appeared on his face.