XIV

Nervous didn't even cover what Louis had been feeling all day.

Why?

Because he was meeting the prospective adoptive parents, and it was actually happening in less than an hour.

Louis walked out of the Delilah's Diner, and found Harry there leaning against a wall and checking his phone, and he looked so damn sexy Louis even sighed.

"Hey" Louis said to get his attention.

"Hi, Lou" Harry said looking up, and smiled.

"Thanks for coming" Louis told him.

"I told you it's no problem" Harry replied.

"I just need the moral support" Louis explained.

"I know" Harry nodded "Should we go?".

"Yes" Louis agreed, and they started walking to the tube station, because Harry didn't have a car, apparently he didn't like driving, he just liked flying planes.

When Louis got the phone call telling him that the meeting had been set, he got really nervous, and wanted to talk to someone about it. And because he and Liam were no longer on speaking terms, he had gone to Harry, who, as always, had been very receptive to listen to what he had to say.

And he was so kind that he even offered to go with him, even if he wasn't going to be in the meeting itself, and Louis was quick to accept. That's why Harry had come pick him up at work, so they could go together to the adoption agency, which was where the meeting was taking place.

"I'm so scared that I won't like them" Louis said as they got in the train, and because of the time of the day it was, there were seats, so they both sat down.

"You'll like them" Harry assured him.

"How do you know?" Louis dared.

"Because you told me the social worker said they meet all of your requirements" Harry simply said.

"But they could still have awful personalities" Louis pointed out "I swear if they're snotty, I probably won't be able to finish the meeting".

"Well, you said you can say no to them if you don't like them, so if that's the case just say so" Harry told him.

"But I don't want to have to say no, because then they will have to find a new couple, who I'd have to meet, and what if I don't like them either? Then it will all start again, and then again, and what if I have the baby before I found the right people?" Louis asked of Harry.

"That won't happen, you still have a while to go" Harry said in a calm voice.

"Not much, just 2 months, and the doctor said on my last appointment that babies come early all the time, so it could be less than that" Louis explained, as his palms started to sweat from how nervous that thought made him.

"Relax, okay?" Harry said, and placed his hand on Louis' thigh, which absolutely didn't help him relax "It will all work out".

"Uhm..." Louis said, gulped, and then nodded "Yeah... sure".

They made it to the station were they had to get off in just 10 minutes, and then walked a few blocks to the adoption agency, while they talked about anything but the adoption or anything related, Louis having begged Harry to do that.

But soon enough Louis had to face it.

"Here it is" Louis said stopping outside the agency.

"It will go great" Harry assured him, as he placed his hand on his shoulder, and gave it a little squeeze.