XX

Nothing happened after the baby dropped.

It had been over a week since that happened, and all Louis had gotten so far were those Braxton Hicks contractions here and there, but nothing else.

And honestly, he was happy about that, because he still wasn't ready for the baby to come out, but truth be told, he was sure he wasn't going to be ready either when he got to 40 weeks.

But he knew he had to choice but to be ready, so for the past week he had been trying to mentally prepare himself for when the day came, but so far, he hadn't been succesful, because anxious didn't even begin to describe how he had been feeling.

And everyone around him was on edge too; his mum kept calling him every day, sometimes even twice a day to ask how he and the baby were doing, and if there were any signs of labor; then Liam was all over him at home asking the same thing over and over again, not to mention Niall, who had been acting like his shadow at work, telling him to take it easy, and even offering to carry trays for him.

The only person in his life who had been treating him normally was Harry, who coincidentally was the person keeping him company right now.

"Harry, I don't think there's nothing left to scrub in that kitchen" Louis said from the couch.

When Louis got home from work over an hour ago, he went straight to the couch to lay down and rest after a long day of serving tables, and Harry had already been cleaning the kitchen when that happened, and he was still at it.

"There's a lot left to scrub, I hadn't properly cleaned the kitchen in a while, so it was pretty greasy everywhere" Harry explained.

"I still don't understand how you can like cleaning so much" Louis commented.

"It's good fun" Harry replied.

"I think your idea of fun is very different from mine" Louis pointed out.

"What's your idea of fun?" Harry dared.

"Oh, so many things" Louis said as he thought about it "Scuba diving, surfing, kayaking, well, water activities in general, uhm... snowboarding, four wheeling, trekking, camping, anything outdoors, really... oh, and partying, obviously".

"Obviously" Harry chuckled.

"Everyone likes a good party" Louis smiled.

"I don't like partying that much anymore, I'm getting too old for that" Harry declared.

"You're not too old to party, Harry" Louis rolled his eyes.

"I'm 28, if I was a rock star I would be dead already" Harry pointed out.

Louis laughed at that, and shook his head, thinking Harry was ridiculous, because he himself was planning on still partying hard at 28, which was only 3 years away.

"So I guess this means these past months of just coming back and forth from work to home must have been boring to you" Harry concluded.

"Very boring" Louis sighed, and without even thinking about it put his hand on his large baby bump, as if apologizing to the baby for saying that "But it's alright, I know I'll be able to do all those fun things again soon".

"You will" Harry smiled "But I wonder, what's your opinion on light aircrafts?".

"Those little two person planes?" Louis guessed, not being an expert on plane names.

"They can be for more people depending on the model, but I'm talking about a 2 person, yeah" Harry nodded.

"I've only been in one of those once, and it was pretty fun" Louis smiled "You know how to fly those too?".