XXV

Julian kept Louis up almost the entire night.

Which was the reason why he now felt like a zombie.

His flatmates, however, looked completely refreshed after a good night's sleep, because Louis had refused their help with the baby during the night, wanting to prove that he could do it alone.

"Lou, why don't I watch Julian for a few hours and you get a nap" Harry suggested as they finished eating breakfast.

"I can't, he's going to wake up hungry any minute now" Louis said, and yawned.

"After you feed him, then" Harry insisted.

"Sure" Louis nodded, because he truly was sleep deprived "Thank you"

"You know, we should get one of those breastpump things we saw at the store yesterday, that way you can save milk in the fridge, and then we can feed Julian when you're sleeping" Liam suggested.

"That's not necessary" Louis shook his head, thinking it was enough that they would look after the baby while he was sleeping, they didn't have to feed him too.

"Lou, you don't have to do everything on your own, we're here to help you" Liam told him.

"I just don't want to abuse our friendship" Louis confessed.

"You're not, we want to help" Harry assured him.

But that was when Julian's cries were heard, so Louis quickly got up from the table, and went to his new room to get his son, who he had left sleeping in his crib.

"Good morning, little Jules" Louis smiled, although he had woken up before since the morning started "Are you hungry?".

Louis sat with him on his bed, and Julian latched and started eating the second he lifted up his shirt, which still felt weird, but he knew he was going to have to get used to it.

"How do you get so hungry so fast?" Louis asked his son as he watched him eat "You ate 2 hours ago".

But apparently he wasn't that hungry, because he stopped eating after a few minutes, which he had never done before.

"That's it?" Louis asked, as he tried to get him to latch again, but Julian wouldn't "Come on, baby boy".

Louis frowned, not knowing if that was normal, and he was just going to brush it off, but he decided it was best to ask someone who knew more. So after he burped Julian, he grabbed his phone, and looked for his mum's contact.

The last time he had talked to her was last night, when he called to thank her for the crib and the other stuff, and he knew she was coming over around lunch time with Dan, so he could meet the baby. And he knew he could ask her then if Julian eating less was normal, but he decided it was better to do it now.

So he touched her number, and put the phone on his ear, while he held Julian to his chest with his other arm.

"Hi, baby, how was the first night back home?" Jay asked when she picked up.

"Tiring, but that's not why I'm calling" Louis replied.

"Is there something wrong?" Jay asked, her tone worried.

"I don't know, up until now Julian has been feeding for like 20 minutes on each side, but just now he only ate for 5 minutes and was done" Louis explained. "Do you think something's wrong with him?".

"No" Jay was quick to answer "He's a newborn, so he hasn't developed an eating pattern yet, he'll just probably want to eat again pretty soon".

"Oh, okay" Louis accepted "Thanks, mum".