XXIX

Being a single father was hard.

Not that Louis ever thought it was going to be easy, but taking care of a little baby alone 24/7 was very hard work.

And okay, he wasn't completely alone, he had Liam, and also his mum, who came to visit at least 3 times a week, and they both helped a lot with the baby, but it wasn't the same as having a partner there to go through the experience with him.

But he had already accepted his fate, because although Bruno really wanted to be a dad to Julian, he was far away, and he couldn't count on him for the day to day stuff.

The other thing that Louis had discovered, was that being a single father, or a parent in general, was a bit boring.

Of course he wasn't bored of Julian, he would never be bored of him, but he was  bored of the routine that meant taking care of the baby, especially because he couldn't do fun things while he was taking care of his son, which was always, so his biggest adventures these days were their daily walks.

But there wasn't much he could do about it, so he was just sucking it up, and dealing with his boredom one day at a time, and just hoped that as Julian got older, they would be able to do less boring things.

"Liam, we're going to be late!" Louis called as he buckled Julian into the carrier, and then covered him with a blanket.

"I'm coming!" Liam said from his room.

Julian was falling asleep in the carrier, because he had just been fed, so Louis left him alone there, and made himself busy checking  his backpack, which he had packed with things Julian might need, not wanting to forget anything.

It was Sunday, May 6th, which was the day Julian turned a month old, and also the day Bruno was arriving in London.

And Louis was nervous about it, but also very excited, because for the last 3 weeks, he and Bruno had become a lot closer, seeing as Bruno was FaceTiming him at least every other day to see Julian, saying he didn't want to miss out on him growing up.

"Liam!" Louis called again, as he put on the backpack, and picked up the carrier with Julian, now sleeping, in it.

"Okay, okay, I'm ready" Liam said walking up to the living room.

"Finally" Louis said, and headed to the door.

"Relax, we're fine on time" Liam assured, as he followed him.

They went downstairs, and Louis got Julian's carrier on the base that was installed in the backseat of Liam's car, and then got on the passenger's seat while Liam sat on the driver's seat.

"Thanks for taking me to pick up Bruno" Louis said while Liam drove.

"Of course" Liam replied as he took a turn "I'm really curious to meet him".

"Why?".

"Because he's Julian's father" Liam simply said.

"So you're sure you're alright letting him stay at the flat the entire time he's here?" Louis wondered.

"I'm sure because I was the one to suggest it" Liam reminded him "Besides, this way he can help you with Julian at night, which I'm assuming you will let him do, unlike you do with me".

"I don't let you help me because you work, and I don't want you to be tired, but I'm going to let Bruno help, the point of him coming is him bonding with Julian, and that includes changing his nappy at 4 A.M" Louis explained.

"Good, because you need a break, I don't think I've seen your face without bangs under your eyes since Julian was born" Liam told him.

"Thanks, mate, it's nice to know how great I look" Louis said sarcastically.