XLIV

New Years came and went, and January went by flying; between Louis planning their vacation, him getting everything they needed for it, including Julian's passport, and Harry coming back and forth from flying, before they knew it, it was February.

And the first day of February meant that Harry turned 29 years old, which according to him was bittersweet, because  it was nice having a birthday and spending it with loved ones, but he was now so close to 30 and he said that it made him feel old. And because of that, he hadn't wanted to make a big deal out of it, and they had just gone to dinner at Harry's mum's house with just his immediate family, but still, that morning, Louis made sure to make a special breakfast for his boyfriend, and that night, he gave him a present he would have trouble forgetting.

Now, it was Friday, February 8th, a.k.a the day they were leaving for their vacation to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and Louis was so incredibly excited, he was almost bouncing on the car as his mum drove them to the airport.

"Lou" Jay said as she approached the airport drop off.

"Yeah?" Louis asked, he was in the backseat with Julian while Harry was in the passenger's seat.

"Last time I drove you to the airport you didn't come back for almost 7 years, so I beg you, please don't do that again" Jay warned.

"I won't mum, we'll be back in 3 weeks" Louis told her what she already knew.

"You better" Jay threatened, as the car came to a stop.

"I'll make sure we come back, Jay" Harry assured her, and got out of the car.

Harry went to open the trunk to get the suitcases and the stroller, while Louis took Julian from his carseat, and then got out of the car with his son, and his carry on, which was just a backpack, his mum got out too.

"Bye, babies, have fun" Jay smiled, and kissed Julian's forehead and then Louis', before he whispered in his ear "You'll have a little extra on your bank account when you land in Brazil, yeah?".

"You don't have to do that, mum" Louis said feeling bad about it, knowing he had to get a job when they came back.

"I want to do it" Jay told him, and gave them a hug this time, then moving to Harry, who had both suitcases out, as well as the stroller and the baby bag.

"Bye, Harry, take care of my babies" Jay said, while Louis put Julian down on the stroller.

"You know I will" Harry answered while Jay hugged him too.

They said a final goodbye, and Jay got back into her car, while Harry, Louis and Julian went inside the airport, Louis pushing the stroller and Harry rolled the two big suitcases, and they headed straight to their counter to drop them off.

"This is weird" Harry suddenly commented while they waited in line.

"What is?" Louis asked.

"Dropping off luggage" Harry answered "Well, just flying like a normal person in general, I rarely do it".

"Then you get to see how the other half lives" Louis joked.

"I do" Harry chuckled, and he put his arm around Louis' waist "You know we met at this airport, right?".

"It was technically this airport's tube station" Louis pointed out, and smiled "But I do remember, you were the cute pilot with gorgeous green eyes that bumped into me, and I was so jealous of you because you were clearly off to some fabulous destination".

"Only not to be able to take off because of the storm that night" Harry pointed out.

Just then it was their turn, and they made their way to the British Airways counter, and after their suitcases were weight and taken, Harry wanted to make sure they had the seats he had reserved, which were the ones on the row that allowed them to have a little cot set up for Julian, and the girl at the counter assured him that everything was as it had been reserved.