LXI

HARRY

Harry was pissed at his boyfriend, and as much as he tried to get over it, he couldn't.

He still loved him obviously, and wanted to spend the rest of his life with him and raise their kids together, but he was angry and even after an entire day, he couldn't let it go.

"Babe?" Louis asked.

"Mmm?".

"What should I wear?" Louis wondered.

But Harry kept reading his book, he was actually on the best part.

"Harry, some help, please?" Louis insisted.

Harry sighed, and lowered his book, and saw Louis was showing him 2 shirts.

"Which one?" Louis asked.

"For what?" Harry questioned.

"For our date?" Louis answered, and then frowned "Did you forget or something? Because you're the one who planned it, and you've been talking about it all week, we even got the hotel to get us a babysitter, remember?".

"I didn't forget" Harry denied "I just didn't know if you really wanted to go".

"Of course I want to go, I said so the minute you suggested it" Louis answered, and looked confused "So which shirt?".

"The white one" Harry answered.

"Thanks" Louis grinned "You should get ready too, the babysitter is getting here in 20 minutes".

"Sure" Harry replied.

He marked the page on his book, and got up from the bed, where he had been laying, and then went to get something to change into. He had actually brought clothes especially for this night, but now he wasn't even sure if he should wear them, there was no point.

But he realised he didn't have a lot more clothes left clean and that were nice enough to wear to the restaurant where they were going, so he just ended up changing into those stupid clothes.

When he finished getting ready, which didn't take too long, he decided to get Julian ready for bed (they had given him dinner already), so he changed him into his pyjamas , and he managed to quickly get him inside the bed.

"Are you cozy, Jules?" Harry smiled as he finished tucking him in, and sat on the bed, not being sure if he needed to read or tell him a story.

Julian yawned, and nodded, his eyes almost closed already, he had had a long day at the beach.

So maybe a story was not necessary tonight.

"Goodnight, baby" Harry told him, and gave him a kiss on his forehead "I love you".

"... you" was all that came out of Julian's mouth.

Harry watched his son as he fell asleep, which only took a few seconds, and when he did, he got up up from the bed to let him sleep peacefully.

Louis was in the bathroom fixing his hair, so Harry went to get his backpack, opened it, then unzipped the inside pocket, and took out the little velvet box he had been carrying throughout their trip, and that he had been hiding for... he wasn't even sure how many months had been already.

He opened the box, and stared at the ring that he still thought was perfect for Louis, and thought how badly he wanted to see it in Louis' finger, but he was getting more and more convinced that that was never going to happen.

Harry sighed, closed the box, and he put it in his jacket pocket.

... just in case.

Louis came out of the bathroom looking gorgeous, and for a second Harry forgot he was angry at him, and smiled, but it quickly passed, and he went back to being pissed.